The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Help! Looking for a (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
I used to use guns in my show, but they're long gone. Now I use "bang magic wands". A weight inside the magic wand hits a blank and goes off. These are great, except for the fact that audience members have a hard time setting them off.

What I'm looking for now is a magic wand that will shoot a blank (not a cap) with the touch of a button or something. I know something like this exists, because I've seen a couple of magicians (pros) use them.

Your help is appreciated!

Justin
Dennis Michael
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern, NJ
5821 Posts

Profile of Dennis Michael
Check out Denny and Lee.

I got two types from them, the single and double bang wand. Uses blanks, and it is loud.
Dennis Michael
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Thanks for the info, but I believe the kind of wand you're talking about is the one I already own.

I'm looking for a bang wand that goes off with the push of a button, and needs no swinging. Will I need to go get this custom made, or has anyone seen one for sale??

I'll check Denny and Lee too. Thanks

Justin
Sid Mayer
View Profile
Special user
Santa Fe, NM
656 Posts

Profile of Sid Mayer
I seem to remember a shooting wand that loaded with a blank cartridge. The cartridge was fired by a pin activated by a spring when the release was pushed up and out of a notch on the side of the wand.

This isn't much help because I can't tell you where to get one. However, they did (and possibly still do) exist.

Good luck in your search.

Sid
All the world's a stage ... and everybody on it is overacting.
Justin Flom
View Profile
Veteran user
325 Posts

Profile of Justin Flom
Sounds very interesting! Wonder how hard it would be to modify my existing bang wand... Smile
mvmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Has written
1322 Posts

Profile of mvmagic
Justin, I know there are wands that use very small squibs or theatrical maroons that give a bang. They work with the push of a button as they are pyrotechnics. The thing is, I can't remember which company made them and I have no knowledge of the licensing required in United States. Zigmont however, is a pyro god so maybe he can offer some info on the licensing, in case a wand of that sort would work for you.
Sent from my Typewriter
Lior
View Profile
Inner circle
1962 Posts

Profile of Lior
CW used to sell them (now in the new name Viking)
The Lior Touch
https://1amagic.com/
PEA Dave Lederman Award 2009
PEA Dunninger Award 2001
Life Time Achivmeant IUPA 2016
schmitty65
View Profile
New user
50 Posts

Profile of schmitty65
I saw one on ebay one time, but I don't know if it is on there any more. I haven't been on there in a while.
Vibono Magic
View Profile
Special user
Växjö,Sweden
647 Posts

Profile of Vibono Magic
I believe Theater effects has a bang wand that fires with a push of a button.
Vibono Mirage
Magic entertainer and Balloon artist
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I may have one or two around here I bought in Europe... email me at petebiro@aol.com

I will look see...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Justin:

I think the wand you're refering to is made by Viking. You can check out their site http://www.vikingmagic.com or contact Joe Stevens at http://www.stevensmagic.com. I'm pretty sure I saw the spring loaded bang wand in his catalog and am pretty sure Viking makes it.

Ron Reid
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Help! Looking for a (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL