The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mysteries at the Magic Bar by Gaston Quieto REVIEW WANTED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
I am so much interested in this dvd.
Has anyone viewed this. Any reviews?
How are the effects in this dvd?
How are his ring effects and his coin routines?
Anyone care to give a THOROUGH review on this dvd?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Seems no one has it. Still waiting for a review.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
Alright here goes.

I personally feel that this video is a few steps up teaching wise and a few steps down material wise from Twenty.

Production is great. The Gaston's view teaching method is great as well.

I'll rundown the effects.

Muliplication : This a production of four coins where the coins are split from one another. It is very visual and much easier than I expected! I perform this alot.

Breeze Coins: Four coins vanish from four corners of the close up mat only to reapear in a very visual manner.

I love the way the second part of this looks. However the method for vanishing the coins didn't sit well with me.

V.V :.......for some reason I can't remember what this trick is right now. EDIT: now I remember. It is more of an impromptu version of Hipnosix from his first tape Twenty. Three coins are vanished using a business card and then reappear underneath it.

More Discrepencies : A simple prediction effect, with many beautiful touches. I personally love this. Very simple and very elegant.

Cardportation : Four cards travel from one side of the mat to the other. This was my least favorite item on the DVD. I feel the method is not as strong as it could be.

Double Impact : Two random cards instantly transform into two previously selected cards. This is really fun to play with. It not suitable for all performing situations, but again I found it very entertaining.

Ring Thing 1 : A ring vanishes and reappears on the back of the spectator's hand. Simple and strong. A quick thing to do casually.

Ring Thing 2 : A ring vanishes and reappears on the spectator's finger. Again a very strong effect to do in casual situations.

Card to Box : A selected card appears inside the card case. The standard plot with a few touches. A strong effect, but lacking in any innovation in technique to me.

I bought this tape just because I enjoyed Twenty so much. You will enjoy Gaston's performances, and there are a lot of good ideas. I preferred Twenty over Mysteries at a Magic Bar. But as I once mentioned in a review for a Gary Kurtz tape it is only a good thing to do better than something else you've done! If the effect descriptions appeal to you, or you like Gaston Quieto's previous work, you'll enjoy this tape.
Joshua 24:15
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Mysteries at the Magic Bar by Gaston Quieto REVIEW WANTED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL