The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » WANTED REVIEW for: Gaston Quieto's TWENTY video (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Any review for this video?
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
Steven Leung
View Profile
Inner circle
found the Magic Rainbow after
1612 Posts

Profile of Steven Leung
Two thumbs up!
Most memorable moment - with Maestro Juan Tamariz & Consuelo Lorgia in FISM Busan 2018.

"Being fooled by a trick doesn't always mean they are having a good time" - Homer Liwag

https://hhpresents.com/
https://www.glitchstudiohk.com/
Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4459 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Well, Gaston is one of the most talented Magicians around, and this is a must buy. He likes using the Top shot, and some of his magic is very difficult, but other aspects are more simple. I would say you need a lot of guts to pull off some of the moves he does, but the visual aspect is amazing, when watching the performaces, your jaw will hit the floor. When you first start watching it, you will think you are watching some strange cheesy film, but it gets to the point when you get to the magic.
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
JeremiahZuo
View Profile
Loyal user
209 Posts

Profile of JeremiahZuo
I found Gaston's video highly entertaining. I will mention that his explanations can be hard to follow due to his English if you are not already fairly familiar with card magic.

Teaching : 7/10 (for me it was fine, others may complain)
Effects : 9/10

Effects......

S.N Cardcase : The box vanishes off a pack of playing cards.

Very visual. Just like it sounds.

Call of the Jokers : This is a sandwich routine in which two jokers find three selections. The first selection is caught between the jokers, then proceed to change into the final two selections.

I really liked this effect. However I am unhappy with one moment which feels unnatural to me. Watching the performance I'm sure you'll see it as well. This is easily covered with reaction misdirection and some proper body language.

Wild Aces : A one at time ace production utilizing Piet Forton's popout with a mis-production and startling change at the end.

Can you say difficult for the last move? But incredibly visual and very fun to practise.

Re-Test : a version of Paul Harris' Reset with one packet inside the card case.

By far my favorite version of Reset. I performed this all the time after learning it. I'm sure you will enjoy it. I was perhaps my favorite piece on the tape.

Hipnosix : A vanish and reproduction of three coins utilizing a playing card. For a finale 3 more coins are produced then even a jumbo coin.

A very fun routine with a lot of nice ideas. I'll never perform it, but incorporated some of the moves immediately into my repitiore.

Reverse Matrix : The title is self-explanitory. This is a very very clean version.

Torn and restored card : A visual restoration for a torn card.

I loved this move. The restoration is very very visual. You'll want to try it in a mirror.

Through and Through : a signed card penetrates a glass table.

I love this effect. EVERY time I am in the vicinity of a glass table I perform it for somebody, anybody. EVERY time. I loved it.

When I first started to really perform card magic for people, there were two tapes from which I performed material off of. One was Gaston Quieto's Twenty. It is a winner all the way.
Joshua 24:15
in flames
View Profile
Inner circle
Toronto
1028 Posts

Profile of in flames
Awesome DVD. Very visual. I'm not a huge fan of his teaching and some of the angles during the instruction.
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Thank you very much for the reviews. Will get it ASAP.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » WANTED REVIEW for: Gaston Quieto's TWENTY video (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL