The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Muscle memory by Dennis Friebe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
2051 Posts

Profile of Daren
Does anyone own these notes, if so can you please provide a review?
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Sounds interesting, I found it in Elmwood Magic:
http://www.elmwoodmagic.com/?nd=full&key=3921

Could anybody has it give a review? Thank you.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
LordPH
View Profile
Regular user
Suomi
189 Posts

Profile of LordPH
Hmmm...this book sounds very interesting, hope someone get review here soon! Smile
Lucas Ace

Ultimatemagic.Net
Helsinki Street Team
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
The ad says:

Muscle Memory (With DVD) - Dennis Friebe
$14.95

This manuscript has a unique look unlike any ever published. Listed below is excellent material that has been tested and proven to work!

Anabolic - The empty right hand produces three coins one at a time! NO gimmicks or extras.

Tricipital - Three fly with ONLY THREE coins. NO gimmicks or extras.

Atrophy - It's a classic twist of the old 2-in-the-hand 1-in-the-pocket. NO gimmicks or extras.

The material in this manuscript is intermediate sleight of hand. 10 hand drawn illustrations assist in learning these amazing illusions. This is a must-have for working Magicians!

Running Time Approximately 19min

Anybody has this? Kindly share some information please.

Thanks,
Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
Jeff Corn
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas
1190 Posts

Profile of Jeff Corn
Alright, I just picked these notes up a few days ago, so I've had very limited time to read through them, but I did watch the DVD. Interesting to note that the DVD is a teaching DVD. I expected the DVD to demo the effects and the booklet to teach them. The effects are all structured very well, giving you a quick and effective coin routine. Anabolic is an interesting effect, because it's a bare handed three coin production with a couple of new ideas. In the bonus section after the normal explanation, it teaches another move that could be used for the first production. It's a variation of a Curtis Kam production that is unbelievably visual. Tricipital isn't my favorite handling of Three Fly, but it doesn't require any extras. Personally, I'm not going to stop using Reed McClintocks three coin Three Fly, though I forget the name, it is taught on the Coin Patriot and, I believe, in one of the Knucklebusters. The effect is good though, the major flaw in my eyes, is that the coins vanish one at a time, then are shown gone, then reappear at the other fingers. Not a bad effect, just not enough like the classic Three Fly for me to consider it a Three Fly. Atrophy is an effect that I like though. Not technically demanding and a good effect. I like the Two in the Hand idea, but don't do it with anything other than Sponge Balls. This handling also has the advantage that it ends with you completely clean. As for the overall difficulty, you really don't have to be too proficient with coins to perform this routine. No palming of a dozen or so coins. No six way click passes with a Ramsey pass or anything convuluted ideas like that. The most advanced move on the DVD is the Muscle Pass, which isn't required at all. The most advanced move required to perform the effects is the basic Three Fly vanish. I was impressed by this little set. For the price, you really can't do much better. I'd recommend this set to people that want to add a quick, flashy coin routine to their walk around set.
Yes, that is my real name. Yes, I am a real person. No, you probably won't agree with me.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Thanks for the review Jeff, I think I am going to get it.

Jeff
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
GeorgeSantos
View Profile
Inner circle
San Diego, CA
1106 Posts

Profile of GeorgeSantos
Thanks for the review. Was checking this out for a while now.
"David Roth is the greatest coin manipulator in the entire world.."

-Dai Vernon "The Professor"

I AM A FILIPINO MAGICIAN
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Books, Pamphlets & Lecture Notes » » Muscle memory by Dennis Friebe (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL