The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Angelo Stagnaro Lecture (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Magiicc
View Profile
New user
New York City
31 Posts

Profile of Magiicc
Hey Guys,

I am new to Mentalizm, and I am interested in attending Angelo Stagnaro's Lecture on April 5th in Salem, Mass. I know he lectured at Denny & Lee's on Feb. 27th. Did anyone attend that can give a revue of the lecture, or at least let me know if this is a good lecture for a newbee, or is his lecture too advanced.

Thanks,
Magiicc
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13152 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
You might want to read this thread:
http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=110

Much is said about his European lecture tour.

This helped me make up my mind on hiring to lecture in Boston.

Tony
Magiicc
View Profile
New user
New York City
31 Posts

Profile of Magiicc
Thanks Tony!

I'll check it out!

Magiicc
mysticz
View Profile
Special user
D.C. metro area
680 Posts

Profile of mysticz
I was at the Angelo Stagnaro lecture at Denny's on February 27th and he presented a lecture he referred to as "mentalism for magicians." His lecture was a good example of what many would call mental magic as opposed to mentalism. This is not a criticism of Mr. Stagnaro's lecture as he presented many interesting tricks with playing cards and rope, and also offered an elementary lesson in bending a spoon. I believe most of the magicians in attendance (about 90 percent of the audience) enjoyed and learned from Stagnaro's lecture. The second portion of his lecture involved a very basic discussion of cold reading (again from the magician's/skeptic's point of view) that was well received by the magi in attendance.

As a beginner's introduction to mental magic, I would recommend the Stagnero lecture. But it was far from what I would call a "mentalism" lecture.

Just my two cents,

Joe Z.
Joe Zabel
"Psychic Sorcery"

There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.

-- Shakespeare's Hamlet I.v. 174-175
Magiicc
View Profile
New user
New York City
31 Posts

Profile of Magiicc
Joe,

Thanks for the advice, It is much appreciated.

Magiicc
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Angelo's a genius at this biz. His thinking when you meet him is truly amazing and wild to watch!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Angelo Stagnaro Lecture (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL