The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » My "Adult Patter" for Anniversary Waltz ... Cleaned up as good as I could. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Look I decided to post this. I didn't want to get in trouble though there's no swearing so I *** stuff. Enjoy.

(Note : Be VERY CAREFUL where you use this patter. My Main Venue is "Street Magic", and I get lots of young couples. For them this goes over well, and in the Two Years of doing this, I've never been told my patter (Any Patter Actually) offended anyone. I perform for ages 13-40 like 70% of the time. So Husband Wives, and College or Older High School couples I use this patter on. Besides that the trick FRIES THEM. I usually get tipped really high and they get a one of a kind keep sake).

My Patter For Anniversary Waltz Card Trick

You pull out a Deck of cards, and ask for the assitance of a couple either married, engaged, or just Boyfriend and Girlfriend. You explain that they'll each take a card and write there name and date on they're cards to rule out duplicates. (I don't do the part where you show the cards next to each other and I take those two cards out before the trick). I tell them so when you see you're cards with name and date on them that they'll know it's their cards EXACTLY.

I then ask, what kind of Markers to Magicians use. (Only 50 % get it...lol). After they guess though some will get it, I say we use "Magic Markers", and I pull out a permenant marker. It gets a Laugh. I then with a grin and a mischievious eye will Pull off the Marker's Cap, and say remember to practice "SAFE CA***NG", latter that night, and I put the cap back on. I'll say make sure you use a "C**"...lol. Again it gets a laugh.

I go to the girl, and have her stop me as I riffle. She does, and then she writes her name and date on her card. I take the card and out-jog it in it's half. I then go to her mate he'll stop as I riffle, and he does the same, and I out-jog his card, put the two halves together. I show each card in seperate places briefly, and push them flush.

I go to the girl put the deck between her hands I put her hands between mine, and I'll say think good thoughts about "Chuck" here. Yes I know it's hard but you got to forget about the fight you had this morning. Ahh yes, I'm getting something....What this, W***s, Ha****ffs, hey whatever you're into that's cool. That gets a laugh. I then take the Deck, to show his card face-up. I put his card back in right side up. I'll quickly table spread the cards face-up to show they're all facing the same way.

After I've closed the deck, I go to the guy, and put the deck between his hands, and all that goes between my hands. I say okay Chuck, think good thoughts about "Becky" here....Ahh yes, very good thoughts ehhh? What's this, W**p **eam, Strawberries, hey again whatever you two are into ROCK ON WITH YOUR BADSELVES ... Ooooowww !!! I then show Becky's card now being face up, and I cut her face-up card to the top. I say look their cards have come together as I briefly take two cards off the deck and gesture with Becky's Card Face-Up.

I then put the two cards on top just for a second why I ask the the couple to each put their hands out palm up. I'll ask the GIRL, so do you like T*P or B***OM? Then after the laughter and funny looks die down, I'll say "All Serious" for the Card Trick...lol. Let's say Becky says top, I'll audibly mumble "I could Tell", so Chuck I'll put the deck on you're hand since you're "The Bo**om", and Becky's hand on T*p, since that's where she likes to be....LMAO !!! I then put their hands with their "Cards" between them between both of my hands. I'll announce to the crowd "Just like their Love the TWO Cards went next to one another". (Verbal Deception) . I'll then using both of my hands start moving their hands "Up and Down", and I'll say "Just like at times they become "**e F***h" I'll make their cards become "One". I then remove my hands, and tell them to look at their card. They just see the Face-Up card. I say look at the other side. THEN THEY LITERALLY FREAK!!! I let them keep the card, and I get a HUGE Tip usually. Enjoy...lol...Ed, (Eddini) ... Ooooowww !!!
"Treat Others As You'd Want To Be Treated" - Jesus Christ
magicbob116
View Profile
Inner circle
1523 Posts

Profile of magicbob116
That's pretty g**d, but I don't quite und*rst*nd why you felt the n**d to censor a lot of the w*rds you d*d! Smile
B. Robert Pulver

The "I Hate Card Tricks!" Book of Card Tricks Vol. 1, 2, and 3
Kards for Kids
Sticky Situations
Sleightly Wacky
magicbob116@yahoo.com
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Well even though I didn't swear the sexual tone of it is a little strong and I actually wrestled for about a year whether to post my patter at all. I just did it as a precaution so I wouldn't get in trouble or have it deleted while at the same time with people "getting" all that I wrote. Thanks, Ed, (Eddini) ... Ooooowww !!!
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Nice one Eddini. Stand by for flamers telling you that adult themes have no place in magic: ignore them! I have a presentation for a well-known trick that invites the spectators to say out loud the vilest swear words they can think of. In the right company it is hilarious and very magical.

And it's funniest when it's a young woman doing the swearing - boy, can they turn the air blue, and it gets terrific laughs for them and me.
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Thanks Ross. I have a Uncle Ross actually....lol. Yes I'm actually kinda conservative believe it or not. I ONLY use this under the right circumstances. In some ways I agree that highly offensive stuff doesn't belong in magic, but again, it's the audience you cater too. As I said this is one of my most requested tricks that I get high tips for. Your routine sounds funny. You should describe it, Ed, (Eddini).
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Eddini, thanks for sharing your patter!

I think the appropriateness of what you say depends of both the character you portray and the audience. This is probably the same for all performances, magic or otherwise.

The particular way you express it above, most of the "naughty" is in the minds of the spectators, not coming out of your mouth directly. I like that, it establishes a connection where "we all know what we are thinking right now".

Talking about the h***c*ffs with the girl and the **eam with the guy is also clever. If it was opposite it would not work so well. I don't know how to explain this briefly. If anyone finds it nonsensical I will try to elaborate.

Michael
Ross W
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1779 Posts

Profile of Ross W
Quote:
Your routine sounds funny. You should describe it, Ed, (Eddini).

I probably will one day, but at the moment I'm a bit protective of it because it's the best original routine I do!
Ross
Author.
Twitter: @rosswelford
www.rosswelford.com
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2006-03-21 03:54, molsen wrote:
Eddini, thanks for sharing your patter!

I think the appropriateness of what you say depends of both the character you portray and the audience. This is probably the same for all performances, magic or otherwise.

The particular way you express it above, most of the "naughty" is in the minds of the spectators, not coming out of your mouth directly. I like that, it establishes a connection where "we all know what we are thinking right now".

Talking about the h***c*ffs with the girl and the **eam with the guy is also clever. If it was opposite it would not work so well. I don't know how to explain this briefly. If anyone finds it nonsensical I will try to elaborate.

Michael

Thanks. You know under another post titled "What tricks have you learned that when learning you didn't think would really "Wow" you audience, and believe it or not learning Anniversary Waltz 2 years ago, I listed. When learning it I thought it would come across as a "Gag" more or less, until I did it!!! I honestly didn't know how powerful this trick is. Whenever I performed it I was surprised at how strongly it played. Since then I love doing it and it's probably one of my top 5 tricks I do. Forget the patter the trick kills...lol !!! Ed, (Eddini).

So what are other people's presentations for this great effect? Ed, (Eddini).
Roland78
View Profile
Special user
Torino, Italy
567 Posts

Profile of Roland78
Hi, I will perform this effect for the first time to a wedding in september.
I looked on the forum for ideas about presentation and I was happy to see that I'm not the only one with a pervert mind here Smile
ADULT PART
Your phrase about top and bottom is the same that I thought, but about another moment of the trick. When the 2 cards are outjogged and you have to put together the 2 packs, I was thinking to say something like: "So this is the card of Mary...and this is the card of Jack". Then I will take the girl's packet, almost put it on top of the other, then pause and ask her: "Oh sorry... do you prefere to stay top or bottom?". Whatever the answer I would blink to Jack and say "Mmm good choice" and put the packet in the position he said. If her choice brings the DC on the bottom I will simply swing cut the deck while explaining the next phase.

ROMANTIC PART
Now for the romantic part of the trick. After the double faceover turning of the cards, I would like to change the presentation. I would pretend to put again the card face down inside the packet, then say that we'll try a Love Experiment, something that old greeks did before the weddings to verify how much the souls were close one to each other. The experiment is simple: you just have to shuffle the cards, spread them on the table and count how many cards are between the girl card and the man one. The less number of cards separates the 2 signed selections, the more the 2 souls will be close in the future life. I false shuffle the deck simply to leave the DC in the middle, then I ask them a bet about how many cards they think will separate them. I let also someone of the other spectators to guess, hoping this will arise some joke. Then I ask them if they are ready. I want to have a nice suspence, and I spread them very slowly, I want all the attention focused on the ribbon and looking for the 2 cards. Of course they will see only one. I will also act surprised, because one has apparently disappeared. Then I will say something like: "Oh... I cannot believe it... I read that sometimes it happens but I thought it's impossible... You see, when 2 souls are REALLY bound together, it could happen that the 2 cards... " I slowly turn the DC face down (or up?) "...fuse together!"

Please, tell me what do you think about this, I will use your help for my little gift to my wedding friends Smile

Dave
BarryFernelius
View Profile
Inner circle
Still learning, even though I've made
2537 Posts

Profile of BarryFernelius
Of course, I think that the cards would have been much happier if they had fused together face to face...

:)
"To achieve great things, two things are needed: a plan and not quite enough time."

-Leonard Bernstein
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Hahaha, Glad you like it. Just be careful where you use this patter though. Myself it's one of my top three requested ones I do. The souvenir is great too.

Quote:
On 2006-07-26 14:04, BarryFernelius wrote:
Of course, I think that the cards would have been much happier if they had fused together face to face...

:)

There you go...LMAO....Ed, (Eddini).
Andy the cardician
View Profile
Inner circle
A street named after my dad
3362 Posts

Profile of Andy the cardician
G**d j*b.T*****
Cards never lie
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3465 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2006-03-09 16:27, Eddini_81976 wrote:
What's this, W**p **eam, Strawberries . . . .

That's W**pped **eam.

;)
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I did not understand half of the text because of the censored words...so it was a waste of time for me
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
Eddini_81976
View Profile
Inner circle
2183 Posts

Profile of Eddini_81976
Quote:
On 2007-05-14 14:51, Memory-Jah wrote:
I did not understand half of the text because of the censored words...so it was a waste of time for me

Well I'm sorry you feel that way, though I think most got what I meant. I can't afford being kicked off this site because LITERALLY, this is THE BEST Magician Site / Forum EVER on the internet. If you like I can PM this to you, if your 17 or older. Ed, (Eddini).
Memory-Jah
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1438 Posts

Profile of Memory-Jah
I am 23. and I don't think words like condome or sex must be censored haha. most natural things. yeah pm the whole thing.

best,

Markus
"Dropping your pants while you set off flash paper may allow your pass to go undetected, but it's still not invisible." - Count Elmsley
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » My "Adult Patter" for Anniversary Waltz ... Cleaned up as good as I could. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.07 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL