The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Name me a Fork - please (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Zorlio
View Profile
New user
10 Posts

Profile of Zorlio
I got Banachek's PK-Silverware DVD (real good stuff by the way), and most of the stuff I can do using pretty much any cheap-ish fork, but I have a problem:

I cannot find a good fork to do the twist and the break with. I tried Dominion forks and I tried Windsor forks both heavy and medium, and I also tried these really cheap forks. For some reason, the forks either don't "twist" properly all the way or they are too fragile for the "break" and the "twist".

Since I can't go into stores and start testing them to see if they are good enough for twisting and breaking, I have no idea what other forks to buy. I did find Banachek's posts on some brandnames, but I couldn't find those anywhere for some reason.

Can I get some recommendations for a good fork to use (a link to a restaurant supplier's website with pictures would be great).

Thanks
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Dominion forks. If you are having issues, you are not using the correct leverage. I had the same problem for a long time, so I know how it feels to be sure that you are doing it right and it still isn't working.

Make sure they are dominion forks, by the way. The Wal-Mart near my house always seems to just put any forks anywhere, so things get messed up.

-Carlos
Cognite tute
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi

Well, I don't do the break.
But I can do the twist for pretty much any fork a spectator hands me.
The ones in walmart or dollar stores are the best ones to practise when I started.

Phil
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Go to Dollar stores and tell them you need flexible forks and usually (at least for me) let me practice on one (usually worth a quarter)... then buy a ton.
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Name me a Fork - please (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL