The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Crazy 8 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
In response to the enquiry about Crazy 8,I think it is a great trick although I don't think it sold that well as I got mine on special. The descriptions that are advertised are correct and it's completely baffling for the spectator.A piece of paper is signed then actually torn and restored in a mismade condition with the signature intact.It incorporats a trick a puzzle and magic.I don't know how Dan Harlan ever worked this out.The signed restored piece of paper is handed out at the end as a souvenir.Dan Harlan gives his permission for the purchaser to photocopy{black and white} the original sheet as many times as they want which makes for an inexpensive souvenir.It's easy to do and a bit of fun.

Chappelly
mansomago
View Profile
New user
spain
57 Posts

Profile of mansomago
do you perfomance this trick on stage or walking around?
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
The trick is designed for close up ,walk around. The sheet of paper is too small for stage.

Chappelly
femur
View Profile
Regular user
Belgium
174 Posts

Profile of femur
This is one of the items I bought but never performed...

Shame on me... I even forgot I owned the thing!
"I can't really think of a good quote to put here"
joseph
View Profile
Eternal Order
Please ignore my
17104 Posts

Profile of joseph
I am a Harlan fan, and I also have the trick and never performed it; but it is very good. Speaking of how he comes up with stuff, get his "Missing Think", and try to figure out how someone can think that one up. Superb. Smile
"Everything should be made as simple as possible, but no simpler." (Einstein)...
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
I saw Dan demonstrate this at a lecture in Vancouver B.C. It is very amazing. I bought it and am working on getting it into my adult close-up routine.
I found Dan to be a very entertaining performer. Not only are his ideas very, very clever, but his routining and patter is also very fun.
john blaze
View Profile
New user
PA
82 Posts

Profile of john blaze
I too really like this trick. I haven't performed it yet because I can't seem to perfect the phase where you show the four pieces dangling from each other (CAN do that), and then you rearrange them into the new design (CAN'T do that). After this, your tear them off completely then restore them (CAN do), but can anyone help with the "CAN'T do" phase? Please?
Scott Ocheltree
View Profile
Veteran user
364 Posts

Profile of Scott Ocheltree
Hi John,
Sorry for the delay....
don't tear too close to the edge. The illustration in the instructions seems fairly clear - you have the 4 quarters and you just wrap them around the other way. you have to "fudge" around with them a bit to get the image of the 8 inside the diamond to appear correctly. You may find that you actually tear thru one or more of the connected bits as well - but that's okay.
chappelly
View Profile
Special user
Down Under
744 Posts

Profile of chappelly
Hi John,
I can't tell you much more than what's stated in the instructions.It does take a bit of fiddling to get the 8 to take form and a lot of times it's not exact but the 8 is recognizable. You are right this is the part of the trick that needs a bit of work but after some practice it falls into place.When I first got the trick i made multiple copies of the sheet and played around with it till I was comfortable with it.

Chappelly
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Crazy 8 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.06 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL