The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind reading (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
I'm looking for a peek as clean as what I seen Derren do. Not his secrets.
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
Richard Busch will get you're answers. I believe he used one of his or Acidus Novus.
'Magic is the bloodstream of the universe. Forget all you know or think you know! All that you require, is your intuition'.
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere in Germany I wrote
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
Quote:
On 2006-03-12 13:22, boydy wrote:
I'm looking for a peek as clean as what I seen Derren do. Not his secrets.

Quote:
On 2006-03-12 13:30, Sfarad wrote:
Richard Busch will get you're answers. I believe he used one of his or Acidus Novus.

These are good sources for clever peeks, but you have to touch the billet!
There is no way to do such a clean "peek" in a real performance, like Derren did it in the Gatehring.
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2039 Posts

Profile of jimtron
Quote:
On 2006-03-12 12:00, boydy wrote:
I can't see it being a billet switch, center tear or swami gimmick effect.

I think that's why boydy said the above.
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
Oh my god am I an alien trying to express himself or you don't read my friend?
Derren indeed touch the paper and handled it but it is not shown due to the editing!!!!
'Magic is the bloodstream of the universe. Forget all you know or think you know! All that you require, is your intuition'.
Meng
View Profile
Regular user
Somewhere in Germany I wrote
128 Posts

Profile of Meng
Quote:
On 2006-03-12 14:06, Sfarad wrote:
Derren indeed touch the paper and handled it but it is not shown due to the editing!!!!

Sfarad, this fact is 100% clear to me!
But read boydy`s posts again.

Quote:
On 2006-03-12 10:58, boydy wrote:
...Derren never touched it but he was able to correctly name the surname of the person she was thinking about...

That's as direct as mind reading can be if you ask me.

Quote:
On 2006-03-12 13:22, boydy wrote:
I'm looking for a peek as clean as what I seen Derren do.

I’m sure he is searching for a technique that does not exist!
I’m sure HE thinks Derren never touched the paper!
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
You know I can't believe this forum can get any lower sometimes. Anyone just comes in says they are a fan of Derren Browns and they get a whole thread exposing methods to his effects. I used to think private forums were up their own backsides but now I see things differently.
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
Shrink I understand you're concern and I apologize but this dudes won't stop until they get what they look for, I tried not to expose nothing but lets not get back to long and boring topics as you well remember.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
I don't believe this forum was intended to expose methods to people who saw an effect on tv and wanted to know how it was done. They will stop if you all stop feeding them.If someone approached you after doing a show and asked you how you did your effects would you tell them? I don't think so. I would hope not. Then why do you expose effects on an open forum to complete strangers who really shouldn't be in here in the first place?

"Magicians helping magicians" not "magicians exposing methods to fans of other magicians".
Sfarad
View Profile
Loyal user
Israel
233 Posts

Profile of Sfarad
Indeed my apologize..
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Shrink,
Glad to see you around! Still loving the product I bought from you. Thanks!

Cheers,
Sean
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
Thanks Sean!!

Shrink
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Let me point out that I did not come on the forum looking for secrets. I came to ask for advice and get pointed in the right direction about the effect I asked about. If people think that, then that's your problem for being soooooo paranoid!

I mean take it easy. life aint all that serious!

I'll check out the sources you mentioned.

Over and out.
boydy
View Profile
Special user
Ayrshire, Scotland
881 Posts

Profile of boydy
Let me point out that I did not come on the forum looking for secrets. I came to ask for advice and get pointed in the right direction about the effect I asked about. If people think that, then that's your problem for being soooooo paranoid!

I mean take it easy. life aint all that serious!

I'll check out the sources you mentioned.

Over and out.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Ooops... my bad with the spelling - well here is a link for technomage types:

http://www.fabricedelaure.com/

Then go to Mentalism + and some other places and you should be able to become a B5 type or AbraKadabra from the 64th Century and can battle the Flash
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
howdoidisconnect
View Profile
Elite user
Just outside the cafe window
429 Posts

Profile of howdoidisconnect
Ohhh I want one of everything from that site.... now just to get the money.....
I do look forward to the day when you post something constructive.
-Tony Iacoviello
tian_ci
View Profile
Elite user
Knoxville, TN
477 Posts

Profile of tian_ci
Check out 13 steps to mentalism. If you already have it, read up on P****L R*****G.

That method can give the ability to do what he did.

(too much practice which I don't have time for now sadly. =( )
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Proffesor X with another tip:

Sometimes this board avoids providing answers because "WE" , as your peers, feel this power would be lost or is too powerful for you at this time. I can guarantee that this method is probably known by you. The simple fact is that you are not looking objectively at it. Think like a mentalist. If you can't, go back to studying and then watch every video of mentalists performing and then the secret will come.

Please don't get mad, some stuff is just a step beyond our current level of expertise. Like muscle reading is just a little out side my realm of expertise. My accuracy is improving, but this is only due to practise.

ANSWER:

In mind reading, there's two ways to read someones mind.

A. You either read their minds after the fact. i.e. After they have thought of something you obtain this information via switch, psychology, electronics, etc.

or

B. You tell them what to think.
shrink
View Profile
Inner circle
2609 Posts

Profile of shrink
This isn't even inner thoughts and everyone is guiding anyone to sites that do give away secrets. And asking how Derren Brown did something IS looking for secrets. At one time this thread would've been taken off. Somehow as mentalism becomes more widespread and more popular ( and less effective) we seem to have gotten used to giving it all away.

I don't do public shows anymore and I'm really glad I don't. Earlier today I demonstrated a name revelation to a business partner. He said he thought it was all trickery now he believes its real(he was blown away). Then later on in the office we were doing some research and he said "you know I could probably find out how you did that in the internet because I know there are places to find that kind of thing out, but I won't because I don't want to know".

I'm not paranoid I just come from a time when being a hypnotist or a mind reader was special and out of the ordinary. And a time when the market was worth pursueing. Sadly that no longer exists and forums like these have gone a long way to destroyed those days.

Shrink..

Mentalism RIP....
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
Can we get a few things into perspective.

This was not a live show. This is blantantly clear by the fact that there were friggin' tv commercials cut right into the middle of the show and Derren is "incredibly" standing exactly where he was at the end of the first bit. It's editing. Yes, he did touch the billet, but it isn't WHAT you do on stage that matters, it is what they REMEMBER you doing. I think Osterlind said that. This is all the editing team did for the tv. They made it so that on repeated viewing on video, you see the same thing that people on stage or in the audience remember.

This was not a live broadcast. Not even Russian Roulette was totally and untterly live. Didn't they seem to get out into the bar a bit quickly afterwards??? Didn't they leave the theatre a bit quickly afterwards and find the sign?

It's all in 13 Steps and other places. There is no Holy Grail of billets.

I will say this: There IS a Holy Grail of presentation, and manipulating what the audience REMEMBERS you do doing. That is down to tenacity, work, and hard slog.

I wish you the very best of luck.

Snail.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind reading (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL