The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Who makes the best watch steal video? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
freddyvegas
View Profile
New user
18 Posts

Profile of freddyvegas
I just want to say thank you ahead of time for answering my question,,,so who make the best video thats easy to follow? Smile
It Hurts to be beautiful
Nir Dahan
View Profile
Inner circle
Munich, Germany
1390 Posts

Profile of Nir Dahan
I bought the chappy brazil video and I am very satisfied!
i loved the part on how to bring the watch back to the specs. not just the usual "here I stole your watch"
Smile
KC
View Profile
Special user
Utah
571 Posts

Profile of KC
I had the Kevin King video, Watch Bandit, I think that that's the name. It was a while ago when I had it. Watch Bandit is pretty good, it teaches you the watch steal in the context of a card stab routine. So, in case for some reason, you are unable to get the watch off of the spectator, you still have a strong effect. There is also a funny comedy bit regarding a balloon and whistle.

The downfall is that the routining of the watch steal is meant for more of a parlour or stage setting. The card stab involves a paper bag, and a knife.

If you wanted to be able to walk up to strangers and do some close-up tricks, and eventually get the watch, Watch Bandit may not be for you.

There was a new DVD out on the Watch Steal. If someone doesn't have a review, just e-mail Chris Smith over at http://www.magicsmith.com and he will tell what he thinks about it. He's cool like that.
HuronLow
View Profile
Special user
689 Posts

Profile of HuronLow
i am extremely happy with my watch steal video by chappy brazil.=) it is such a beautiful 'effect'. haha, turn a watch steal into a magical effect and booom, it kills.
The T&R Project.
A revolutionary take on the Torn & Restored card.

Available now at www.HuronLow.com
niva
View Profile
Inner circle
Malta (Europe)
2970 Posts

Profile of niva
Hi everyone,
yesterday I spoke with a friend of mine who has mastered the watch steal and also pickpocketing. He has got Chappy Brazil's video too.
He told me that he found many videos which describe the watch steal thoroughly, but he didn't find any video, yet, which helps you with the misdirection needed. Because the most important thing in a watch steal is misdirection.
Can you help me? I would like to start mastering the watch steal. Do you know of any sources which help you with the misdirection needed?
Thanks a lot in advance. Smile
Yours,

Ivan
mentomas
View Profile
New user
35 Posts

Profile of mentomas
i have a chappy brazil`s video and i think it is great
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
CHAPPY BRAZIL is great. Too bad he is no longer with us.. Smile

Gregory Wilson has a watch steal in his video called On The Spot. Smile
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
James coats goes into detail on everything from watches to wallets ! Smile great stuff ! Smile
CoolMAgic4U
View Profile
Loyal user
New York
205 Posts

Profile of CoolMAgic4U
Chappy Brazil....END OF STORY!
CoolMagic4U---aka---Ed Smile
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
James Coats teaches you everything you need to know. Though some people don't like the dvd because a lot of the performances seemed stooged (which they weren't). For example, he is doing magic for some guy who is having "fake" reactions to the pickpocketing. The real reason his reaction sounded fake is that James actually steals a tin of ecstacy from his pocket and he got scared. James of course doesn't mention this, but it shows how well he can actually pickpocket as well that you should be carefull when pickpocketing. The dvd is great, I highly recommend it.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I am going with the Chappy Brazil as well.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Quote:
On 2004-08-02 12:47, David Ranalli wrote:
James Coats teaches you everything you need to know. Though some people don't like the dvd because a lot of the performances seemed stooged (which they weren't). For example, he is doing magic for some guy who is having "fake" reactions to the pickpocketing. The real reason his reaction sounded fake is that James actually steals a tin of ecstacy from his pocket and he got scared. James of course doesn't mention this, but it shows how well he can actually pickpocket as well that you should be carefull when pickpocketing. The dvd is great, I highly recommend it.

A tin of X ??? Where'd ya find that out at ? I'm gonna have to review my DvD now Smile
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Chappy's tape does go over misdirection. Literally the best tape on the subject.

But the best way to learn the misdirection is learn how it comes off, practice then do it.

Get caught. I know that bothers a lot of magicians, but if you get caught, it isn't the end of the world. It just means you learned a way of how to bring attention to you taking it. Smile

Niva- Get Chappy's watch steal video, you won't be disappointed.

But if you want the whole package of taking items, then Get james Freedman's Stealing the Show.
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
If you want to really learn totally awesome and mind blowing misdirection, pick up Manuel Muerte's Done by Misdirection DvD. It's totally amazing ! Smile
rannie
View Profile
Inner circle
4375 Posts

Profile of rannie
Chappy was one of the best in this subject so I would have to add one more vote for his video . Incidentally , the video is now in dvd format.
"If you can't teach an old dog new tricks, trick the old dog to learn."

-Rannie Raymundo-
aka The Boss
aka The Manila Enforcer

www.rannieraymundo.com
www.tapm.proboards80.net
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
A tin of X ??? Where'd ya find that out at ? I'm gonna have to review my DvD now Smile

James Coats told me at his lecture, the guy was a dealer. He's also stolen many other drugs off of people. I think that's the reason that he started working with the police, he realized how many people carry drugs in their pocket, and he was able to determine just by brushing up against their pockets who had some.
tpdmagic
View Profile
Elite user
459 Posts

Profile of tpdmagic
LOL that drug thing is the funniest I have ever heard. How would someone know what drugs feel like in someones pocket unless they use them...LOL HMMMMMM makes you wonder...

tpdmagic
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2957 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
Quote:
On 2004-08-05 19:19, tpdmagic wrote:
LOL that drug thing is the funniest I have ever heard. How would someone know what drugs feel like in someones pocket unless they use them...LOL HMMMMMM makes you wonder...

tpdmagic

Not really. I know for a fact he doesn't use drugs (although he might now because he's a cop as an undercover drug dealer in florida now). But he worked with the cops a lot giving teach ins etc. on how to spot a pickpocket, which I expect he would also do with the drug thing.
dynamiteassasin
View Profile
Inner circle
Naval Air Facility, Atsugi, Japan
1158 Posts

Profile of dynamiteassasin
A video called WATCH BANDIT , I heard is also good.. Smile people give good comments on it.
RazzleDazzle
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
107 Posts

Profile of RazzleDazzle
Does anyone know where to get the Chappy Brazil DVD? I can find it on VHS...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Dvd, Video tape, Audio tape & Compact discs. » » Who makes the best watch steal video? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL