The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Conventions for collectors/historians (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

TexasJoe
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of TexasJoe
Are ther any conventions or gatherings for individuals interested in the history of magic for 2006?
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Yes, the Magic Collectors Association is in April, located in Washington D.C.
James
TexasJoe
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of TexasJoe
James,
Thanks for the infromation, I worked in D.C. for 20 years, now retired in Texas. does anyone have a contact for the Washington D.C. Convention? Yes, I was an employee of the Civil Service.
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
You need to be a member of the Magic Collector's Association to attend, but you can find out all the details here (including how to join the MCA): http://www.magicposters.com/convention/index.html

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Steven Steele
View Profile
Chief of Staff
Hesperia, California USA
1904 Posts

Profile of Steven Steele
The most recent information I could find is as follows:

Membership dues are for the calendar year and are currently $25 a year. Payment must be made in U.S. dollars by bank check or international money order. Request more information from to Magic Collectors' Association, P.O. Box 511, Glenwood, IL 60425-0522, USA. Or email to magic.collectors@sbcglobal.net

I couldn't find a website and I don't know how current this information is, but it's a start. Thank God for Google.

You might PM Bill Palmer. He's a major contributor here at the Café and a veritable plethora of knowledge on this type of thing.
TexasJoe
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of TexasJoe
Jim and Steven,
Thanks for the additional information on the Magic Collectors Association.
Sorry to find that the convention is so soon, March 30th to April 1st. I have other obligations at that time. I know the location of the convention very well, since I lived about three miles from the hotel. Sorry to miss it, The Holiday Inn at Rossyln Key Bridge is a fantastic place to view D.C. Its also an easy place to get to the museums (which are all free) by the Merto. A little known side note, Rossyln was the red light district after the Civil War, after General Hooker ( yes that is where that term came from) moved the ladies out of the city to a shanty town (Rossyln) on the Virginia side of the Patomic.
With your infromation I can at least join the group for next year.
jkesler
View Profile
Loyal user
246 Posts

Profile of jkesler
Joe,
That is some great info! I hope that you post more of those "tid bits" on the Café.
Best Wishes,
James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » So Happy together... » » Conventions for collectors/historians (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL