The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » SUC or SUC 2 ? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

qkeli
View Profile
Special user
paris,france
660 Posts

Profile of qkeli
I'd like to get your advice on those 2 items, which one do you think is the best and can you do the all the same effect with both or no ??

suc : sight's unseen case.
thanks.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2196 Posts

Profile of ddyment
The two are functionally equivalent... the SUC-2 has extra compartments for holding additional stuff. I prefer the original SUC, as it's slimmer, more elegant, and looks less like there might be something tricky about it. But others like the additional compartments.

... Doug
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Alan Jackson
View Profile
Elite user
Cardiff, UK
432 Posts

Profile of Alan Jackson
I prefer the SUCII, but you would definitely like (and use) either.
There are 10 kinds of people: those who understand binary numbers, and those who don't.
Gary
View Profile
Veteran user
Market Harborough, UK
367 Posts

Profile of Gary
SUC1 is invisible...

SUC2 has odd additions not normally found on business card holders and therefore, to my mind, one to avoid. Of course, it may not be a problem for you, but as Doug states, it's a case of functional elegance over something that may be viewed with more than just a passing interest by your spectators.
"I can see clearly now, the brain has gone"
- Anon
brownbomber
View Profile
Regular user
Edinburgh
156 Posts

Profile of brownbomber
I carry my SUC II all the time for both credit cards and business cards. The other night I left home without it, I felt almost naked - and not because I wasn't carrying my credit card!

:-) Smile
lmrmagic
View Profile
New user
81 Posts

Profile of lmrmagic
I agree with Doug, SUC 1, slimmer and more elegant. Elegantly simple. In my opinion, SUC 1 simplicity and lack of extra pockets add to its effectivness. Too pockets, can be too tricky. Go with the original. I also got Mark Strivings Book "UNseen Edition". Cheap and a good companion text.

You can read the contents of the booklet here: http://ronjo.com/thestore/prods/bkunseen.html
Lee Marelli
View Profile
Special user
Aurora, Colorado
876 Posts

Profile of Lee Marelli
As Doug implied, it depends on what you want to do. Since, I am mentioned by Mark as contributing to the SUCII, I obviously have an affinity for it. I carry a complete close-up mentalism act in it. You cannot do that with the original SUC.

On the other hand for stage and parlour work, I use the original, since I have no need for the extra props. Since it is not "stuffed" the audience assistant can use it as a writing surface with no problem.

If you wish to do both, and price is a consideration, then I advise the SUC II since, obviously you can remove the additional close-up props which gives you a thin card case.

As to what looks like a card case and what does not. Just look at the variety in any men's store. Hope this helps.
"Mentalism is a state of mind." Marelli
John Nesbit
View Profile
Inner circle
United States
1418 Posts

Profile of John Nesbit
I've had the SUC11 for almost a year now and there is no real concern for what it is or isn't. At least not from a participant's point of view. It holds business cards, that's what it is to them. If a performer has a concern, then he/she should get both 1 & 2. You can't go wrong with either one (or both for that matter).
Peace
John Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » SUC or SUC 2 ? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL