The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What are your thoughts on the coin ladder ... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
What are your thoughts on the coin ladder sold by a few dealers like Viking, etc.

We all know that Norm Nielsen made it famous as it is one of his wonderful signature effects.

I am contemplating on buying one for my collections - which model would you recommend? Which dealer offers the model you are recommending?

Thanks again in advance for your contribution.
kregg
View Profile
Inner circle
1958 Posts

Profile of kregg
Owen makes a nice coin ladder.
Were I performing the effect I'd design my own.
POOF!
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
I like the Viking or Proline even has a good one. I am not found of the Owens for performance simply because a coin falling on a piece of glass really doest sound all the appealing. I would have said the CW ladder but I have never seen it actually work...even at CW booth at a convention. If it does work well and I just happen to be there at a tough time...all 6 tries LOL then I would go for that one. Good luck and hope this helps. Brian
If your not having fun doing what your doing....dont do it!
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
May I have the website for Proline, Brian Cook - and thanks for the valuable info.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
The only problem with all the coin ladders is the the manufactures all make them to only use half dollar size coins. Most magicians prefer dollar size, but everytime the manufactures make the things for halves.

Proline does not have them on their site, you have to go to his agent dealer, but I cannot think of the dealers name.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Quote:
On 2006-03-17 05:51, wmhegbli wrote:
The only problem with all the coin ladders is the the manufactures all make them to only use half dollar size coins. Most magicians prefer dollar size, but everytime the manufactures make the things for halves.

I agree with you fully, wmhegbli on the size of the coins. Half dollars are just a little small for stage work.

Can you recommend real good models that you are aware of?
Roland Henning
View Profile
Special user
Kiel, Germany
511 Posts

Profile of Roland Henning
Quote:
On 2006-03-17 05:51, wmhegbli wrote:
Most magicians prefer dollar size.

And you base that fact on what?

Most of the magicians I know use half dollars.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there James, http://www.proline-magic.com/ good luck. Brian
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11213 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Brian. You are really helpful.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
No worries James. Let me know if you need anything else. Brian
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
James,

As far as I am aware the Proline version is only available from Tilfords.

http://www.aleena.com/tilford/coin.html

There is a video on this page also. They are supposedly in stock at this moment.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hi there James, I am sure you could order it directly from Cliff if you email him. Brian
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
afun14u
View Profile
Loyal user
Tennessee
249 Posts

Profile of afun14u
Hey James,

I have the Owens version and LOVE it...The sound is great! A bit nerve racking, at first because, it's all glass. I have never done the routine that I don't get rave reactions. Also Owens will make it for use of dollar sized coins because that's what mine is. Just call and ask Allen.

Good luck

Robert Jones
Empowering Kingdom Growth through Evangelistic Entertainment!
Darkwing
View Profile
Inner circle
Nashville Tn
1845 Posts

Profile of Darkwing
I ve seen Robert's coin ladder and it does look great. Robert does a good job of his coin production. If you get a chance to see him perform, don't pass it up.

Good Job my friend.

David Williams
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey guys, The Owens is beutiful...I just couldn't get over the sound. I felt like it was going to break everytime a coin went down. Great info on this topic. Brian
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
Remember the one that was on Wolfs magic web site ... very Classsic. I just saw in an Old Abbots catalog...A pocket watch ladder ....wow... anyone ever see one of these?
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there Cardone, I didn't mention Chances because its not in production yet and I am not sure when he will get around to making them. Its a beautiful piece that will most likely be a very limited release but will be worth every penny. Brian
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
cardone
View Profile
Special user
858 Posts

Profile of cardone
Hello..I spoke to him a year ago and I think he might be redesigning it a bit .. the way it was ..you could not do the final "dump" of coins ...I need this feature as do most coin workers...I can't wait !!!
bcookmagic
View Profile
Elite user
seattle wa
472 Posts

Profile of bcookmagic
Hey there, I visit with Chance often and yes certain aspects of the coin ladder are changing but the look will remain the same. The best thing about chances is its for dollar size coins...but alas it will still be some time before they are released. Brian
WWW.BRIANCOOKMAGIC.COM
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22800 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2006-03-17 09:18, JamesTong wrote:

Can you recommend real good models that you are aware of?

As long as I have been in magic the models by Owen, Proline, and Viking are the only ones that are near what a performer would use. Abbott's makes a small wood one that use to be made when Percy Abbott had the place. Again it is half dollar size.

I would suggest you contact Viking and see if he would make one in Dollar size. I talked to him before but he claims he is always so busy! Maybe you would have better luck.

Some years ago Steven's magic sold a Coin ladder but it did not look any good and was made of wood and glass. Very large, and not attractive at all.

Being you like to make things, it is not that hard to make a simple coin ladder. The tricky part is if you want the feature of the coin to drop from a dropper or a cascade effect, built into the ladder. Otherwise, it is just plastic, brass shelves and string!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » What are your thoughts on the coin ladder ... (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL