We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Crystal Cups and ... whatever! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jimgerrish
View Profile
Inner circle
East Orange, NJ
3209 Posts

Profile of jimgerrish
First there was Jefferey Campbell and Ronald Dayton's "Crystal Cups and Balls" - published by Micky Hades in 1983, then Jason Latimer's FISM clear cups and yellow sponge ball routine that he is still performing and not likely to release any time soon ( http://youtube.com/watch?v=YlAvfUKvLCw ) , and now Spellbinder has published his Crystal Cups and Chicks routine just in time for Easter. It is recommended only for those who already perform some version of a standard cups and balls routine... this is definitely not a routine for beginners. You can check it out at The Magic Nook and see if it's something you might want to build and try for yourself.
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
THANK GOD someone finally posted that up somewhere. That's the most magical thing I think I've ever seen and it was too stunning live. I love that routine
RaveMastaE
View Profile
New user
Texas
54 Posts

Profile of RaveMastaE
I remember seeing the photo of Jason on the cover of Genii with his glass cup and yellow balls, and I was wondering how on earth do you do cups and balls with clear cups? I have got to see this performed. Sure enough, it's one of the most amazing performance of any kind I've seen to date. I find it funny how when lay people think of the trick with three cups, they associate it with a three shell type game, I got a kick outa that.

Great Clip,
Evan
Blackpool
View Profile
New user
Kingston, Ontario
31 Posts

Profile of Blackpool
Penn & Teller did clear cups in the Egypt portion of their Magic & Mystery Tour. It's a good DVD, if you can get past their overwhelming sense of American Superiority. And - Teller Talks!
The Amazing Blackpool
Magician ~ Mental Illusionist ~ Hypnotist
Blackpool@KingstonMagic.com
Josh the Superfluous
View Profile
Inner circle
The man of
1881 Posts

Profile of Josh the Superfluous
I think I understand the mechanics (I'm glad I don't have a rewind button when I perform). But, what great thinking and execution! VERY INSPIRING! Get ready for a "clear" explosion in the magic market.

Clear rice bowls anyone?

-Josh
What do you want in a site? "Honesty, integrity and decency." -Mike Doogan
"I hate it, I hate my ironic lovechild. I didn't even have anything to do with it" Josh #2
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
Has anyone heard word on whether or not he's going to release this?
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24280 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
I asked him last summer at the Magic Circle Centenary. He said it wouldn't be until it had ceased to be his signature effect.
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
Risingtotheoccasion
View Profile
New user
MD, VA, DC
13 Posts

Profile of Risingtotheoccasion
That is by far the best cup routine I've ever seen.
doublelift
View Profile
Veteran user
342 Posts

Profile of doublelift
After watching Jason's routine a few times it occured to me that its really more than a C&B routine. Its a Spongball coins across shell game! It does open the door to some new thinking that's probably long overdue.
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
The routine has got to be one of the most creative things done with C&B.
However, I believe that his FISM routine was constructed somewhat differently from the one he performed for Late Late show, and I believe, from the segment I got to see, that it was even beter *drools*
closeupmagician
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of closeupmagician
I had the opportunity to meet Jason Latimer two weekends ago in L.A. What a creative mind he has, indeed. That routine is so intricately constructed-great to watch.
Mark
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » Crystal Cups and ... whatever! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL