The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 'Coin Snatching' by Keith 'Kip' Pascal (2 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
manreb
View Profile
Special user
666 Posts

Profile of manreb
This sounds exciting and I would love to read more my problem is that Keith Pascal's book site, http://www.coinsnatching.com is writen in a yellow font on a white backgrouns. It is almost impossible for these old eyes to read it. Did anyone else have this problem.
Jim Pace
View Profile
V.I.P.
Portland Oregon
556 Posts

Profile of Jim Pace
Try Highlighting the text...
"The drum that beats the loudest is always the most hollow."
Roslyn
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
3405 Posts

Profile of Roslyn
I'd forgotten about this.

Used to do it at school. My maths teacher performed it on us at the beginning of my first term in secondary school, complete with switch I must add, and as an incentive he promised to teach it if we managed to average higher grades than any other maths class in the same year. There was 6 classes in all.

Long story short I ended up being taught the snatch and switch and had so much fun with it. Made a few quid too Smile

If you don't know it I highly recommend learning it.
The Magic Cafe account of The Conwy Jester, Erwyd le Fol formerly known as Roslyn Walker.
My home online
Join me on Facebook
Follow me on twitter
MagicofDesperado
View Profile
Elite user
487 Posts

Profile of MagicofDesperado
Does anybody know much of Jarrow's presentation in regards to this feat?

Thanks
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
T. Nelsen Downs offers this - or a very similar - effect in his book "The Art of Magic" on page 177; the effect is called "The Bewitched Nickel".

"The Art of Magic" is copyright 1906 and Downs does mention that "…This trick is not new; but, so far as we are aware, this is the first time an explanation of it has appeared in print."

Jim
ottphd
View Profile
Loyal user
243 Posts

Profile of ottphd
If you have an original copy of The Art of Magic it is on page 260
John Long
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
2826 Posts

Profile of John Long
Yes, I found it on page 260! Thanks to both of you.

I also found a more recent source, The Practical Encyclopedia of Magic, by N Einhorn, entitled Switcheroo.

These 2 methods are essentially the same, but Down's method includes some "conditioning" that may be useful.
Breathtaking Magic;
Not Breath Taking
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » 'Coin Snatching' by Keith 'Kip' Pascal (2 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL