The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Magic Hands Zebra Tube (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I noticed that http://www.wonderwarehouse.com is now carrying the Magic Hands' Zebra Tube. Does anyone know anything about it? Is it a large version of the Massal Tube that Laflin Silks sells?

http://www.wonderwarehouse.com/ProductDe......e=STA077

Ron
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I do not know if it is a larger version of Laflin's, but I do know that Jeff McBride Stage video shows how to make one.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Ron,

Wish I could help but I don't know anything about the Zebra Tube. It seems expensive compared to the Laflin tube though.

What are your thoughts on the Laflin Massel Tube?

Regan
Mister Mystery
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Thanks for the responsge, James and Regan.

I never got the Massal Tube from Laflin. Evidently, my order never went through to Lockfamilymagic, and I was never charged. To be honest, I kind of forgot about it until I saw the Zebra Tube.

I think the Zebra Tube may be different from the Massal Tube and the "Silk Road" Tube that McBride has on his DVD. The ad says that the open tube may be shown on both sides after it's opened (not possible with the other tubes). Also, the tube in the rolled-up position can be shown empty by allowing the audience to look through it (also not possible with the others). I think it may work similarly to the "Spec-tube-ular" tube on the market.

I get excited when I see Magic Hands stuff on the market. I don't know if someone is once again making some of their things, or if a lot of old stock has been found, but they used to make real fine magic.

Ron
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Ron, I think you are reading other things into the discription then is actually ment. It is the same as the other spoken about. As far as Magic Hands Magic, I heard that Mephisto House in Belgium took over the line of Magic Hands. They just don't push it as they have never pushed their line very well.

The showing both sides is by pulling the ends apart, so it should really say seamingly show both sides, and of course you can show the tube empty after the flower production, because the tube is really empty after the production.

Remember, the old days, when they would list every thing the magic trick did not use, so it only left one answer, but you overlooked and sent you money anyway. When you got that miracle in the mail, it was the only secret something they did not mention in the ad. Those were the fun days!
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello All:

Thanks for the input - I received my Zebra Tube from Wonder Warehouse yesterday, and I'm real pleased with it. The first thing that caught my attention is the size - it is a huge tube, able to be seen on the largest stage.

I plan on using it for parties - I believe it will be deceptive even at close range. Unlike the normal Massal tube, the Zebra Tube can be shown empty when it's in the rolled up position; the audience can look through the tube.

I give this a real high recommendation for production apparatus. It's a real fooler.

Ron
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Thanks for the review Ron!

Regan
Mister Mystery
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
I couldn't find the product that you are talking about?

Has it gone?
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Could not find the Magic Hands' Zebra Tube at Wonder Warehouse, did they take it out?
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I just checked myself, and it's no longer on the website. Perhaps I got the last one. You can email them to be sure - they were very prompt in answering my email.

Ron
LeeAlex2002
View Profile
Inner circle
1007 Posts

Profile of LeeAlex2002
I have spotted the item at Daytona Magic - and reasonably cheaper too.
Yours Magically,
Lee Alex

https://www.devilshank.com/
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Well, it seems like neither Wonder Warehouse nor Daytona Magic have it in stock. Enjoy yours, Ron! I have no choice but to stick with Pavel Tube (not that I was complaining but I was wondering about using the Zebra tube for umbrella and flower productions).

Jimmy
"Those who simply walk in others' tracks leave no footprints."
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
I noticed Wonder Warehouse has the Zebra Tube back on their website, so it looks like they're restocked. I highly recommend this item - it is very nice.

Ron
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Hey, Ron! I called them up on Friday just to make sure. Very nice customer support on the phone. They did just receive a shipment from Germany. I just ordered one!

Jimmy
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
If you were to compare the Spec-tube-ular and the Zebra tube, which one would you recommend that someone (me) buy? Is the Zebra tube worth the extra money over the Spec-tube-ular? Also, why would you recommend your choice? If it helps, I would like to be able to produce 8-10 silks. I can always use diamond cut silks if I need to. Thanks for your help!
James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
945 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
The proprietor of Wonder Warehouse used to have ownership of Magic Hands.

"The principal of Wonderwarehouse.com has more than 20 years of experience in the magic industry both as retailer and manufacturer. The most oustanding achievment was ownership of prestigious German magic company "The Magic Hands". Insiders to this day still praise the quality of merchandise manufactured and sold by this company.

-Wolfgang Wollet-"

I am sure he would be glad to answer any question that he can about Magic Hand Products.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Wolfwang is quite approachable. I asked him several questions about the Zebra Tube (which I should be receiving within the next day or two) prior to purchasing it. He answered my questions and at no time rushed me with my questions or to make a decision.

I don't know if it's a larger version of Pavel's Change Tube (which comes included with Blendo Full of Holes) --- I will be able to confirm this once I receive it.

In any case, I have been trying to get this product for a while and am certain I will be pleased. Ron Reid received it a couple of weeks ago and he is quite pleased with it.

Jimmy
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hi Magic4ewe:

I prefer the Zebra Tube over Spec-tube-ular, which I had at one time and later sold. Spec-tube-ular is very clever, but I thought it was more of a platform or stage piece. Perhaps it could be done in a living room, but I never got comfortable with it.

Both items are very well made and will hold a large load of silks. Producing 8 to 10 silks might seem a little wimpy from either tube, unless the silks were 24 inch or larger.

The Zebra tube is long - about the length of an average umbrella, I'd say. Jimmy is right in that I'm real happy with my Zebra Tube. And Wolfgang was very pleasant and candid on the phone.

Ron
Jimmy Joza
View Profile
Special user
New York City
760 Posts

Profile of Jimmy Joza
Well, I just received my Zebra Tube. Like Ron, the first thing that struck me about it is its size. I knew it was 26-inches tall but it somehow seems bigger. This prop is very well constructed. And I think the stripes gives this prop a classy look.

My suspicion was confirmed: it is a Pavel change tube except in a size large. You can definitely produce a lot of silks if you maximize your use of the l**d space that the Zebra Tube offers.

Jimmy
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
What is the learning curve on this item? Does it take long to master? Is it a product that a 12-year old girl could easily handle? Thanks for any input!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Magic Hands Zebra Tube (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL