We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » “Paper Cross” (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Hello fellow Magicians, this is my very first Post Topic “Paper Cross”
About 10 years ago I had a magic club and I provided the kids with a beginner book
to magic and in that book, it had a gospel story where the angel in heaven ask for the ticket and person behind the one with the ticket, grab the ticket and rips it up and gives one pace to the owner of the ticket and when he shows the angel the paper it’s a cross and to the person behind him has rip paper. OK here is my problem, I no longer have any more of the books, I gave them all away and I forgot how to set the paper so it comes out as the Cross. I know of working it with the TT, but I like the folding of the paper to the cross better. The first person that can answer this for me, I will send “The Blocks of Life” it’s a new gospel effect I created.

Thanks for any Help,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Forgot to add that if you know the working of the effect please PM it and not to post it here, Thanks again.

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
Charlie Justice
View Profile
Inner circle
Mount Dora, Florida
1142 Posts

Profile of Charlie Justice
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Thanks Charlie Justice, I am aware of The Invitation effect. With the Paper Cross I am referring to uses a regular piece of paper.

Does anyone here know the paper cross?

Thanks,

Maro

Doug Henning
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
Maro
The Invitation can be performed with any type of paper. From news print to typing paper. The method is the same. It was printed in the August 1998 Christian Conjurer the article was by Dr. Ken Rees.
ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
ChrisG I went to the link of Charlie Justice's post,
ChrisG are you saying Kerry Kistler's "The Invitation" can be performed with any type of paper? I am sure this is not what I am talking about,

Can you tell me more of the article by Dr. Ken Rees.

Thank you,

Maro

Doug Henning
randyburtis
View Profile
Inner circle
1257 Posts

Profile of randyburtis
If you, using the standard, normal paper, just tear it once, but with the third closest to the fold left in hand you will get the cross, ripped into thirds the other 2/3rds can make the words life and hell, the effect linked to above, surely sounds like what you are looking for... I have seen it as "a ticket to heaven"
Randy Burtis
Calgary's Kid Show Magician
www.calgarymagician.com
www.Facebook.com/calgarymagician
Macbeth
View Profile
Regular user
London
129 Posts

Profile of Macbeth
I did one where you have various words written on the page. Once you had torn the paper and ended up with the Cross it read "New Life in Jesus" along and down the cross. I might still have it as a word document if you are interested.
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5694 Posts

Profile of Regan
I once had the paper cross in a booklet called Dewey's Gospel Paper Tricks. Is this the same thing you all are talking about? I don't remember the words or the 'ticket' presentation, but I could be wrong. I haven't done it in years. I would like to learn the ticket routine myself.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Randyburtis the effect linked is not the one, the person that rips the paper stays with the rip paper and the owner of the paper opens it to find it’s a cross. I do know of the effect that you get the words “life and hell” but this is not the one.
Thanks Charlie Justice, ChrisG, randyburtis, Macbeth, Regan
For trying to find an answer for me.

Maro

Doug Henning
leftytheclown
View Profile
Loyal user
Illinois
255 Posts

Profile of leftytheclown
Maro,

Here's the other version that is in another thread (Routine for Paper Trick). I sent you a PM on the version I know.

Quote:
<NOTE: THIS IS A PAPER TEAR, IT ISN'T A MAGIC SECRET, SO WHEN I EXPLAIN HOW TO DO THIS AND THE PATTER YOUR (kittens and puppies playing)!!! THANK YOU.

Get yout a sheet of paper, a normal sheet (kittens and puppies playing). As you look at it long ways up write 1 on the upper left, two on the upper right, 3 on lower left, four on the lower right corners....this will help you. (kittens and puppies playing)...

Okay! Fold four up to align with the left side. There will be a point at the corner lower left (3). Now take the point at three and bring it up so there is a multi layer triangle, it will looks sorta like home plate with the point pointing at you. You can see corner 1 and 2 on top. Rotate to the left so the 1 corner is now positioned lower (closer to you) left. Fold corner 1 up to corner 2 (yes, this is like making a paper airplane). Now take the bottom, long, edge (the crease) and fold it up to meet the top edge. You are done folding. Pick up the paper, multiple layers toward you (smoother side out), point down, now make a single straight tear down the leangth of the folded paper. There is no seem etc, you are tearing the face of the folded paper, not at a crease. Note, if you use scissors that doesn't count as an 'original variation'. Okay! Lets look at what you have and number as I indicate, this is so when I give you the presentation you can follow along. Save the long piece for last.

you have:
1 and 2 are small squares
3 and 4 are lil' angle things with almost even sides
5 and 6 are long rectangle looking chunks
7 and 8 are looking like L's (for you having them upside down they may look like a 7)
9 is.....a cross.

Okay! Here is the presentation. Do note this is better for small groups, Sunday school stuff, boring as heck (kittens and puppies playing). Also note this is PATTER, it isn't a true story.

"Many years ago, before World War One, a missionary went to Turkey and was quickly arrested, being in violation of their laws. The man went to jail but his good nature and kindness started to win over the amazed guards. No matter how tough things got this missionary would pray and then seem refreshed. Finally, before his scheduled execution, one of the guards told him 'I will give you a chance. If you can, with only a single sheet of paper and w/out writing upon it or tearing it more than once, you make your holy cross, I will let you go'. The missionary gladly accepted the piece of paper and he began to pray, the guard watched at the missionary slowly started to fold the paper."
>>start to fold
"The missionary kept praying, not paying attention to the folds as they went into the paper, he let other, stronger, hands guide his. Soon the missionary stood before his table with the folded sheet and he tore the paper, one tear, right down the center of the folded paper"
>>(kittens and puppies playing) this is when you do your tear.
"The missionary slowy opened the pieces, none resembled a cross....until the last piece...and a minor miracle occured, for there in the missionaries hand was a cross, a look of amazement crossed the guards face"
"The guard came over and the missionary said to him"
"Jesus came to die for the sins of all people and to, through acceptance of his word, give them eternal life. He was crucified. A hole was dug (place 3 and 4 on your presentation surface toward the bottom in a manner that it looks like a hole exist. I mean like L on one side and the mirror image on the other)
"on either side of him the Romans put a criminal, they were also being crucified"
(above and to the right and left you place 7 and 8, leave room for the cross have the upper shorter angle of these torn sheets go outward from the center not to the center, this looks more pleasant)
"Between these criminals they put Jesus on a cross" (insert cross into the 'hole, do not (kittens and puppies playing))
"above his head they nailed a sign saying 'King Of TheJews" (place number five on the top of the cross, a little bit below the upper edge, (kittens and puppies playing))
and below the crucifix the Roman soldiers cast lots (dice) to see who would get the robe after Jesus' death (toss 1 and 2 near the bottom of the cross).
"after many hours, and Jesus' death had come, to make sure the guards stuck a spear into his side" (fold the end where the fold already exist on so there is a point then place this at an angle so the point is over part of the cross, like a spear poking)
"Jesus was placed into a tomb, but three days later, as promised in the Bible, Jesus rose from the tomb and lived again. In doing this, in keeping the promise, he saved us from.....
(spell HELL using H = 5 2 6 E= 3 1 2 L=7 L=8)
"Hell.... and gave us...."
(spell life using L=7 I=5 F= 8 2 E= 3 1 4)
Life"
"The guard fell to his knees sobbing and handed the missionary the keys to the gate....."

Sure, not as exciting as (kittens and puppies playing)Let me know if any questions and if need be I'll draw you a picture <---this was sincere, I was going to do an excel thingy.
Steve V <---Gospel Magi-ing dude >

There
Steve V>
UNQUOTE
Happy folding!!
Lefty (aka) Sterling Dare
Author: Money Menagerie
Book and DVD
ChrisG
View Profile
Elite user
Batavia, Ohio
448 Posts

Profile of ChrisG
Maro
I am sure that all here are relaying the same type of paper tear. Because I use this as my closing and alter call mostly when I am out of the U.S. I do not use the small pieces of paper. Just as you describe I tear the folded paper and hand it to some one else to open.
ChrisG
"Consensus is the negation of Leadership"

M. Thatcher
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
ChrisG the one I had describe, you don't use
another person, you just say the guy behind
you at the gate of heaven (as telling the story)
and when you say the guy behind you took the paper
from you and rips it, then gives you one piece and
that piece is a cross, not a picture of the cross and
no words like life and hell, and I do not hand the other
ripped pieces to someone, In your other hand is the ripped
pieces and you say "and the person behind me just had a ripped
ticket, and you drop the ripped pieces.

It's just a cross out of paper, Sorry I not explaining right.

Thanks,

Maro

Doug Henning
RickyD
View Profile
New user
South Carolina
91 Posts

Profile of RickyD
This is what came to my mind when reading what you wrote

http://members.tripod.com/magicman_84/Ticket2Heaven.html

You can drop the other pieces if you don't want to spell out "HELL" with them. But I think that's basically what everyone else is talking about here already.

Don't know if that's what you want or not ...
"The grace of the Lord Jesus Christ be with your spirit. Amen."
-- Philippians 4:23
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
The one I know is very simple paper cross and I wanted to add a Modification to the simple paper cross.. It is because of Ticket to Heaven, I would like to modify the simple cross. If I get to do this modification then I will show you, I don’t want to open a can of worms now.

Thank you all for helping,

Maro

Doug Henning
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Good News! » » “Paper Cross” (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.26 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL