The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Any idea? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
Any idea,where I can buy props or intructions,on how to do this trick on this video : http://youtube.com/watch?v=V049FwAPKQY&a......takayama ,and also check out his other videos.This guy is simply amazing.
Brad Burt
View Profile
Inner circle
2674 Posts

Profile of Brad Burt
I am pretty sure this is not something you can buy. In fact, if this is not done using some kind of trick photography I don't have a clue. Very, very cool. Best,
Brad Burt
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
Yeah, you cant buy tricks by Cyril. Yet.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Spellbinder
View Profile
Inner circle
The Holy City of East Orange, NJ
6438 Posts

Profile of Spellbinder
It's not exactly true that you can't buy Cyril's magic. He uses quite ordinary stuff, and then takes it to an extreme that you might not be able to follow until you get more experienced in the arts of X-Treme magic. For some discussion on principles, go to The Magic Nook Forum. However, to buy some of the same things Cyril is doing on those videos, go here: http://tinyurl.com/cjqdr

You'll find Cesaral Melting Point - which is the coin through glass table that Cyril performs (although again, he takes it to the X-Treme).

You'll find the Ultimate Card Through Window DVD which will point you in the direction to doing Cyril's X-treme variation.

You'll find the beginning of his match trick in Tarbell Volume 3 page 63 (which I know because I just looked it up in my on-line index of Tarbell at The Magic Nook Inventors Project!)

Cyril begins with the same magic we all know and use, but then he adds an X-Treme touch to make an ending that seems impossible and takes all attention away from his simple beginning. For those of you who want to become young Cyrils, start by learning the basics of magic, like he did.
Professor Spellbinder

Professor Emeritus at the Turkey Buzzard Academy of Magik, Witchcraft and Wizardry

http://www.magicnook.com

Publisher of The Wizards' Journals
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
Spellbinder,in my opinion he do some type of advanced magic.What he do on this videos is beyond any magic shop or magic book on how to do this and that.I don't think,everything he do is real,but I think that 75 % is unexplainable.And this hamburger trick is really unbelievable.And if you think ur right,then tell me,where is this water coming from on this video.Bottle just inches from this guy.If you point me to online magic store,where I can buy this prop,then I will tell you,ur right.thx here is the link http://youtube.com/watch?v=a5tktJ3XK7M&a......takayama
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Cyril is a FISM award winner so naturally his magic is beyond the average person and even incredible for magicians to watch. He has a huge budget because he is so well known (and has worked very hard) especially in Japan and therefor he can afford to do elaborate things.
Do not mistake the fact that he uses props for how skillful he really is. Most of what he does that I have seen (and we get to see laot of him here in Taiwan) is adaptions on props already in use or things that his team designs new. As an example he did an illusion where he dived and disappeared into a guys suitcase and Criss Angel did something very similar on his TV special.
The point is the magic is out there to do but it is really great that we have someone like Cyril who can push the boundaries of what is possible as a magician.
Whatever he does that is unexplainable right now just boils down to one thing. For the time being "it is a secret" and I love that. How he adapts effects is amazing.
abc
View Profile
Inner circle
South African in Taiwan
1081 Posts

Profile of abc
Come on dude.
If I put a hamburger in a dovepan and then add all kinds of silly ingredients and produce the hamburger as part of a burger king promotion it doesn't mean I bought the hamburger at a magic shop.
The guy is brilliant. I can still remember when I saw my first Copperfield special on TV or the first time I saw someone saw a lady in half or do a levitation or even the first trick Graham Kirk showed me (he was my magic mentor) and they were all magical moments. I still do variations of the things Graham Kirk taught me or things I read in books but I am not closely as good as Cyril which is why I am typing posts on the magic Café and not a household name like the magic greats.
Those are the guys like Cyril who not only possess excellent technical skill but also great lateral thinking ability, huge knowledge of magic props,sleigts and presentation as well as a vast amount of innovative creativity.
Something I strive to and many other magicians should strive to achieve.
Jonathan Kelly
View Profile
Regular user
Waterford, Ireland
156 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Kelly
I think by props he means the poster. For example if he can pull a hamburger from a picture, why not pull it out of thin air? It is a prop. But I couldn't care less. I hope we never find out how he does his tricks. I love the mystery.
"But where did the lighter fluid come from?"
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6112 Posts

Profile of Jaz
I do believe that the burger thing involves props, and other factors, beyond what we see.
There's no question that his skill and ability to work out his effects are exceptional.
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
The only thing that amaze me the most,is that he never use any props.Most things are done,right on the spot,for example he finds an empty coke can,and makes it full again,or go to any bar,sit at the table,borrow an empty beer bottle,and able to put a cap inside the bottle and pull it out again.He never said,check out my can,,check out my bottle ..you know?And also,if magic would be everything about props and,techniques and skills,then there would be millions of magicians today.I loved to watch DAvid Blaine ,when he first started.He did that card tricks.In one part of his show,he did that trick,you call invisible deck.At this point,i will say,it is a prop,his prop,its a trick,and everyone can master it.But,when the card end up being in the back pocket of a little girl,and the card she select it,thats a little different magic.So,in my opinion all magic done,by either criss angel,david blaine,cyril,copperfield,hans klok and all others famoues,could be partly then magic we know,we recognize,and that second part of their magic,is real magic.Also,what I saw a lot is,that those magicians sometimes teach,how they do some of their tricks,but once again,they teach you things,you already know,or even mastered.They don't teach you,how to real magic..thats my opinion.thank you
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Robertk4you, I was just about to post a reply to the above, offering some gentle advise and guidance, but after looking at your profile and your other posts, I feel my time would not be well spent.

Please remember that some of the people offering you advise here are professional magicians and have been for decades. It might be considered rude and inappropriate to lecture them on whether a certain trick is done using props or not.

Don't get me wrong, I am not saying you shouldn't ask questions, just that a little respect for the people that reply is going to benefit you in the long run.

Michael
TannerJade
View Profile
Veteran user
Canada
307 Posts

Profile of TannerJade
You actually can buy on of his effects, where he continuously multiplied half dollars I believe. This wonderful effect is available at Dean Dill's website!

Also, I have heard of an 'underground' dealer that sells many of his effects, but I have not heard anything more than that. I do know he does exist though, for I have seen a friend of mine perform one of his effects!

Magically,

Tanner Jade
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
What I explained here is my opinion.Maybe I am wrong,but I do have respec to folks in here.I know,how hard you work,to master magic tricks.I am just asking,where I can buy this water bottle,the one I showed to above.Any online store,or magic shop.I live in Chicago,so maybe you know,any shop in here. thx
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Robert, you are basing you opinion on....??

people tend to look too far...there are hundreds of threads about cyril's tricks...one in particular is the SALT SHAKER through table...it is THE MOST VISUAL effect I ever saw in a way or another, and yet it is done in the most simple and fairest manner, just because it is done through glass baffles people...

he does use props,most probably customized props,everybody does...you need props sometimes to make a great visual impact...
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
Brother,i am talking about water bottle,not salk shaker.I need help getting this prop.thx
pkg
View Profile
Inner circle
The City of Ithobaal I son of Hiram I
1356 Posts

Profile of pkg
Quote:
On 2006-03-19 11:32, robertk4you wrote:
The only thing that amaze me the most,is that he never use any props.Most things are done,right on the spot,for example he finds an empty coke can,and makes it full again...

Quote:
On 2006-03-19 12:46, robertk4you wrote:
Brother,i am talking about water bottle,not salk shaker.I need help getting this prop.thx

what? you just said he doesn't use props!!! Smile

not to put you down but you sure have a Looooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooong way to go before getting such questions answered....start with Tarbell....
Double posters should be shot!

No really!!
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
Well,in my opinion,this water trick is real magic,but for you it is just a trick,using correct prop,to produce this water,inside this bottle.If it is just a trick,so I want to buy this trick today.. so? Smile)
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1947 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Robert! You're back? Seems like only yesterday you were asking the same questions and getting the same answers, actually it was a year ago....

They say the definition if insanity is doing the same thing repeatedly, and expecting different results.

Bye the way, I don't think the water bottle is gaffed. This is not, of course, meant to convey my belief in the supernatural. If people really had otherworldly help, would they stand around filling water bottles?
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
robertk4you
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of robertk4you
Yes,they will.People want to see something else.Noone wants to see someone pulling rabbit out of the hat.If I will posses such a powers,i will too,have my own shows,and show tricks on the street.There are other books on magic,not just,how to do this and that,like wicca,mantras,kundalini,chakras,obe.I believe,that this water bottle trick is real,and supernatural...so what?i think its completely natural for every human being,if you of course read the right books Smile btw thx for remembering me..Smile
molsen
View Profile
Special user
Copenhagen
552 Posts

Profile of molsen
Possessing the prop doesn't mean that you can perform the trick. Several people, with more experience than me, have already posted replies to your various threads over the last few years, trying to explain that.

Thus far (since 2004 where you claim 10 years of magic experience) you have shown no interest in learning the many components that comprise a magic performance, so I will have to agree with pkg here. Start with the basics and show that you understand what you are asking for.

If you just want to type in the name of an effect and find out where to buy it, try using google (http://www.google.com)

Michael
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Any idea? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL