The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Watch stop from a distance! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
479 Posts

Profile of Ross
Hello all,

I want to be able to stop watches. I know one way that this can be achived. I've not done this before and got a PK wizard recently but found out that the watch has to touch the thing, which was not really what I had in mind. I was under the impression that this could be done from some distance away. I guess with something stronger. What do you lot recommend (be as specific as possible please - PM me if needed) and what distance can it be used from.

Many thanks,

Ross
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Buy from ACME Wile Coyote's M***tgun (the BIG one - that pulls satellites and ICBMs towards it) - aim it at a clock and fire!

Actually, I am not sure of a long distance method - except - stooge!!!!
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Ross
View Profile
Elite user
Bristol
479 Posts

Profile of Ross
Hardy har har,

very good.

I mean a distance of maybe a few inches...is that possible? What is the deal with the watch stop? Can it be done while still on someone's hand?

Best wishes,

Ross
ac-magic
View Profile
Regular user
South East UK
149 Posts

Profile of ac-magic
In which case your best bet could be a Pro PK5. I don't have it, but apparently it is extremely strong i.e. strong enough to stop a watch from several inches away.

Ali
A Smile, mind reading, funny escape artist wanna-be
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
I have an M5 - It can stop a watch from about 5 inches I would say... but if you have to like carrying / strapping the thing on to you Smile... best is the knee/foot hookup and do it at a table while sitting... IMHO
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Dr, I spit diet coke out on the ACME comment, LOL!

Or pull out the stem.
Snail
View Profile
Regular user
UK
163 Posts

Profile of Snail
There is a good watch stop on Osterlind's MM2. You can appear to have it stop while sitting on a table top.
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
To do it from a distance, you need a confederate, on a distant building, with a rifle and telescopic sights. The bullet hole in the window can be a bit of a giveaway, though. And when the watch is stopped it's, like, REALLY stopped!
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
Is that one put out by Kennedy?
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
WoW! Good one! Now, quick, duck!
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
OH! LOL, gotta love the boys club we have here.
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcanis
10781 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Yeah - good point - I haven't seen Magical Lady, for example, posting here....

I do see we keep going to big gun themes Smile
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
You could attach a certain something, have them hold it, walk away, and pray they don't look at the back.

It really wouldn't be THAT difficult.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
kaytracy
View Profile
Inner circle
Central California
1793 Posts

Profile of kaytracy
Well then, so you 'boys" don't feel too neglected,
Einstein spoke of relativity, and how when you were with a pretty girl for an hour, it seemed like only a few minutes, yet when on a hot stove for a few miinutes, it seemed like hours.
Now then, I do not claim to be the pretty girl, but I bet there is an effect in there somewhere!

Actually I am pretty impressed that you can find very many analog watches anymore. I guess I need to work with the more mooneyed folks who get those high priced ones!
Kay
(no, I am not a guy)
Tracy
Kay and Tory
www.Bizarremagick.com
Guillaume Vallée
View Profile
Regular user
118 Posts

Profile of Guillaume Vallée
"Watch stop" from Cassidy uses no gimmick.
The effect is partially different but may fit the bill.
Magical Lady
View Profile
Loyal user
275 Posts

Profile of Magical Lady
Quote:
Yeah - good point - I haven't seen Magical Lady, for example, posting here.... I do see we keep going to big gun themes

Hey.....what's this then...you boys missing me huh???

Oh and don't think for a moment that I can't gunsling as well as, if not even better than, the rest of you, but well...it just 'aint ladylike now is it fellas??!!

pssst Bruce....pass me that Smith and Wesson will ya? *giggle*

ML x
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Watch stop from a distance! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL