The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flourishes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChildofGod
View Profile
New user
Belgium
7 Posts

Profile of ChildofGod
Hello
is there someono that can help me to learn flourishes I saw them at a video Clip but don't know how to do it
thanks ;-)
Father Photius
View Profile
Grammar Host
El Paso, TX (Formerly Amarillo)
17161 Posts

Profile of Father Photius
There are all kinds of flourishes, Jeff McBride has some excellent videos on that sort of thing, and they are good instructional videos.
"Now here's the man with the 25 cent hands, that two bit magician..."
NeoMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
I have...
2017 Posts

Profile of NeoMagic
Also, be sure to check out the 'Pasteboard frolics' forum...

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewf......amp;8580
See and download my latest free card-suits-themed desktop wallpaper | HERE
ChildofGod
View Profile
New user
Belgium
7 Posts

Profile of ChildofGod
Thanks neomagic for the link I didn't know where to loke for it
photius can you give me the title's of those video's?

Mark
KaydoWhoa
View Profile
New user
Keystone Heights, Florida
90 Posts

Profile of KaydoWhoa
Jeff McBride - The art of card manipulation
osmar
View Profile
New user
Burke, Virginia
32 Posts

Profile of osmar
*Jeff McBride-card manipulation vol 1 is a good start.....also "extreme beginnerz" dvd.... they added what I called "eye-candy" to my card routines.....(both can be found at "ellusionist.com")
lelo
View Profile
New user
53 Posts

Profile of lelo
I recommend Showoff with cards DVD. It has a lot of material for all levels. Therefore if you are a beginner you will be able to use additional material as your level increases.
scrivomcdivo
View Profile
New user
Liverpool, United Kingdom
61 Posts

Profile of scrivomcdivo
What about coin flourishes? Any recommendations for materials relating to thewe?
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
My opinion on this is to ask yourself what your intentions are, long term. Card flourishes, at least the most visually interesting are difficult at best to learn. They will take a lot of your time to master to the point where you can make something of them. I spent at least 6 months learning various one handed cuts and the one hand riffle shuffle, I finally gave up at the one hand overhand shuffle. When I was done I realized they had no place in my magic. Now don't take that as me saying they are of no value, but what I do has no need for them. I feel I wasted (Kind of) some time that could have been spent better.

The three DVD set of encyclopedia of coin sleights has some good coin stuff as does McBride's world class manipulations for coins. If you learn alright from books look for Gerald Cestkowski's Encyclopedia of playing card flourishes. But don't expect the same kind of "Secrets" you find in magic, expect rather a lot of work.

I hate to answer a question like that, but it's a good thing to keep in mind.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
Josh Riel
View Profile
Inner circle
of hell
1995 Posts

Profile of Josh Riel
Let me revise my answer slightly, the coin roll CAN be used well for some effects, Sankey had a good use. Also I use the Charlier Pass regularly for effects. Just use discretion.

I highly recommend the video's and books I referred to above, however, even if only for a good bit of information. The playing card flourish one is a really good and funny book at least.
Magic is doing improbable things with odd items that, under normal circumstances, would be unnessecary and quite often undesirable.
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
Quote:
On 2006-03-24 10:50, lelo wrote:
I recommend Showoff with cards DVD. It has a lot of material for all levels. Therefore if you are a beginner you will be able to use additional material as your level increases.

Two problems with Showoff with Cards. First is that magic makers made it. Second is that it is by far the worst teaching I have ever seen. I did not buy this, buy I saw most of the instructions at my last IBM meeting. It was horrible, the guy teaching was worse at it then Brian Tudor. But don't take my word for it, go ahead and buy it.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
GrumpyOwl
View Profile
New user
74 Posts

Profile of GrumpyOwl
http://www.superhandz.com

Be sure to check out the X-treme Beginners DVD aswel...
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » New to magic? » » Flourishes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL