We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How to get started... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
If I buy a set of sponge balls, where is the best place to learn all the basic moves and structure a spongeball routine? Also, are there any spongeball gimmicks that I should purchase if I get a set of spongeballs?

Thanks for the help,

Cody
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11164 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
Just buy a set of Goshman sponge balls, learn the basic routine that comes with them, and when you get proficient at that, come back for more. It will cost you all of 5 bucks and some dedicated practice time. Hard to beat!

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
When I buy the set, will the instructions that come with it proficiently be able to teach me all the moves necessary for the routine?
Thanks for the help.

Cody
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Cody,

I would HIGHLY recommend the Patrick Page secret seminars DVD on sponge balls. It is a great DVD taught by an amazing man and magician. As a matter of fact I think the six DVD set is as valuable as having the Tarbell course. At $12 a pop you would be hard pressed to find a better deal.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13415 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
Danny Boy is absolutely correct.

It's a shame that so many spend their money on the latest "fad magic" when they could learn so much from these cheap, great, wonderful DVDs/Tapes.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
Ron Giesecke
View Profile
Special user
Redding, Ca.
944 Posts

Profile of Ron Giesecke
Brad Burt's video is also superb for this. I don't know if it is still available or not, however.

I'm sure Brad coud tell you. He's a member here.

Also, Scott Guinn's "Penaut Butter & Jelly" is a wonderfully routined version of the sponge balls. You can look him up here as well. Actually, you can find him here: http://www.greatscott-itsmagic.com/

Ron
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
I will check those out. Thanks for all the help.
fighterdude0
View Profile
New user
2 Posts

Profile of fighterdude0
A lot of general Magic books have a good Sponge ball routine. I believe Mark Wilson's complete coarse has one.
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Within a few days, I'll head over to my local magic shop and pick me up a set of spongeballs and start practicing.
DanielCoyne
View Profile
Special user
Western Massachussetts
544 Posts

Profile of DanielCoyne
Check out Magic Video Depot. It's a site for magicians to post video for feedback and advice. If you search for spongeballs, you'll see a bunch of beginners trying out their stuff. It has some good stuff and some absolutely awful stuff. Sometimes the awful stuff is more helpful than the slick and polished routines where you can't see what they're doing.

Hope that helps.
-Daniel
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Thanks Daniel. I'll definitely check out those videos.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Ever so sleightly » » How to get started... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL