The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Open your books to: Need help with an Annemann Routine (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
Page 111 of Practical Mental Magic has a routine called Voodoo that reads great. What I am not understanding is the box that goes to another room. Is it gimmicked? He refers to compartments but I'm not sure if the P & L boxes he refers to are already gimmicked or what.

Any help would be appreciated. PM me if you want to let me know without letting some secret out.

Does anyone know of other effects like this? I like the idea that the mentalist can shift time and rearange objects that are out of the room, make predictions etc.
Thanks all.
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
I believe the box is fully explained earlier in the text, around page 20ish, if memory serves.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Jonathanmc
View Profile
Loyal user
Las Vegas, NV
209 Posts

Profile of Jonathanmc
Bitterman,

Not finding any reference to the boxes anywhere else in the book.

Other help out there?
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4912 Posts

Profile of landmark
Probably referring to the classic card boxes, size of a playing card, and about a half-inch thick, designed to switch a single card through the use of a flap. Probably still available at your favorite dealer.

Kind of magic-prop looking though. Might want to use something more real-worldish.

Jack Shalom
bitterman
View Profile
Inner circle
1189 Posts

Profile of bitterman
It's the OM BOX. Somewhere in the first quarter of the text, unless my edition is much older and different from the current one. I'll try to get a page number for you soon.
If you are not cheating, you are only cheating yourself.

Dutchco is about to put out some new Ebook: DUTCHCO. Get 'em while you can.
Corona Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
Airstrip One
1689 Posts

Profile of Corona Smith
He calls it a P & L box, which is as landmark suggests.

The Om box is good though.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Open your books to: Need help with an Annemann Routine (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL