The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Torch to cane (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
I really appreciate some help in locating this item - the torch to cane.

Now, this is not the standard torch to cane as sold by most dealers. What we get now is usually the torch only and you have to find your own appearing cane and fix the aluminium torch to it.

The model I am talking about is this -

It is a set comprising of the torch (which can come apart into two pieces - screwed on and off) and the cane. The torch can be screwed onto or off the cane. And the cane's release mechanism is similar to that of the Harakhan or Mahka Tendo appearing cane.

I have personally seen the set and it is very well made - the handle of the torch has some light engravings. BTW this is a Japanese set.

I am wondering whether any one has seen this set before and know where I can still purchase it or is the original maker still making it.

Your information is really appreciated.

Thanks in advance for your contributions.
Bob Sanders
View Profile
Grammar Supervisor
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20498 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
James,

I have a brass one from the 70s. My guess is that I got it in the mid-western USA. I don't recommend it! The trick works fine if you use a good metal cane. However, this prop gets very dirty from soot that seems unavoidable. It is actually too dirty for a bird worker to use as an opener. The soot ends up on your costume, hands and doves. Cleaner fuel burns too blue for stage work.

Good Luck!

Any pipe fitter could easily make you one.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Thanks, Bob.

Does your set comes with the cane fitted together? Which cane does it comes with?

Have you seen any other set similar to this in the market currently?

Really appreciate your input, Bob - thanks
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22456 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
A few years ago, I seen a Touch to Cane made with a Harakhan Cane. The torch then split into 3 separate flames, then the cane appeared.

I never seen a screw on torch. Most make you cut your appearing cane lock off and screw on the torch. I have a Paul Diamond model I fitted to a German Appearing Cane.
JamesTong
View Profile
Eternal Order
Malaysia
11208 Posts

Profile of JamesTong
Yes, Bill - the torch to cane I am referring to comes with the Harakhan cane - pre-modified to screw on the torch.

I am just wondering whether that version is still in the market. Any ideas?
Luke Sherratt
View Profile
Loyal user
The Isle Of Wight, England
246 Posts

Profile of Luke Sherratt
Uuumm, I think a French company markets this effect still, I can't remember their name though. They have been at the Blackppol Convention for the past 3 years. I am sorry, but I just can't remember the name. It is amazing quality. I think they specialize in fire effects, as that is all I have ever seen them sell. Hope I was some help to you.

Take Care,

Luke
We're 106 miles from Chicago, we have a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark and we're wearing sunglasses
DJ Trix
View Profile
Inner circle
1028 Posts

Profile of DJ Trix
James,

RUSH TO EBAY! search "Harakhan", there is a beautiful torch to cane made by him on the site in mint condition. Never even lit before. It is black (the cane). Seems to be just what your looking for.

DJ
RandyStewart
View Profile
Inner circle
Texas (USA)
1990 Posts

Profile of RandyStewart
WOW! That is a beauty! Torch and cane! I even like the box it comes in. Scrumptious AND Fabulicious....
paraguppie
View Profile
Elite user
Forsyth Montana!
411 Posts

Profile of paraguppie
I have used this effect as my opener for 3 years and I think it looks and works great. Mine was a Harakhan version in a brass color. It starts as a single torch, splits to 5 torches and then snaps into a cane. Problem? I just had an ATA case fall on it and smash it plum flat!!!

If anyone has a source for these PLEASE let me know. Thanks,

Keith

PS: The Harakhan model was all built into one cane, not an addition to another cane.
Check me out at www.magickeith.com
Dabek
View Profile
Regular user
United Kingdom
142 Posts

Profile of Dabek
The French dealer that Luke is refering to is called Flash Magic.
The man that owns it makes all the canes himself. His canes are a nice gun metal blue but are prone to rust if they aren't kept in the house at room temp.

I left mine in the store unit and got it out to find rust on it, but for the price, his gimmicks are very well made.

All the best,
Paul Dabek
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Finger/stage manipulation » » Torch to cane (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL