The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Real Pen-etration by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cameron Francis
View Profile
V.I.P.
6896 Posts

Profile of Cameron Francis
Real Pen-etration by Alan Rorrison

This is Alan Rorrison’s impromptu bill penetration effect and it’s really good. Interestingly enough, not much has been said about it on the Café which surprises me as so many people seem to be looking for astonishing impromptu effects. If you’re looking for a really strong, completely impromptu bill penetration, you should definitely check it out.

When I first saw Alan’s demo for Misleading Mislead, he did it as the traditional Mislead two phase effect. While I really liked Misleading Mislead, the first phase completely fried me. He simply folded the bill, put the pen between the folds, bent down the front of the bill to show that the pen was really in there and then proceeded to very cleanly push it right through the center of the bill, leaving it completely unharmed. It just looked so clean.

I finally got around to purchasing the effect. It works how you might think it works but the subtleties are what make it so good. The effect is very simple and completely impromptu. The handling does require some finesse but once you get it down, you’ve got a very nice little miracle on your hands.

While I like other versions of impromptu pen through dollar, what I really like about this one is that there are no extra folds or unnecessary moves. You simply fold the bill and stick the pen through it. You can’t get more direct than that. The only downside is that it cannot be done completely surrounded.

As a bonus, Alan teaches you another variation that, as he says, gives the effect a second phase of Mislead feel. It’s not the second phase (that’s Misleading Mislead) but it is a really interesting and different take on the effect.

The instructional download costs $9.00 and is available at http://www.alanrorrison.tk. It runs about 7 minutes.

BTW, Alan is a great guy and a pleasure to do business with.
TRI-EFFECTA: Three Close Up Card Miracles now available! http://cameronfrancismagic.com/tri-effecta.html
zing82
View Profile
Loyal user
Singapore
218 Posts

Profile of zing82
I would like to add that Alan responds with great efficiency.

I've just got this effect last night and I could not get a link to the download after I made my payment. So I emailed Alan about it and besides giving me a prompt reply, he also offered me a free download because of the delay.

I've got sidetrack on the topic, but magicians looking for a pen thru bill in the most direct way, Real Penetration is the way to go!
For those who believe, no explanation is necessary. For those who do not, none will suffice.
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1613 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Can you check the link? It doesn't work.
magicstudent
View Profile
Elite user
489 Posts

Profile of magicstudent
Remove the last dot and try again.
I'll Be Back!
-Schwarzenegger-
bugjack
View Profile
Inner circle
New York, New York
1613 Posts

Profile of bugjack
Still bad.
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of papawemba
papawemba
View Profile
Special user
646 Posts

Profile of papawemba
This actually look pretty good ! I was thinking of this old old principle but since everything can be borrowed....

Anymore review ?

Nicolas
IlDaDe
View Profile
Veteran user
314 Posts

Profile of IlDaDe
Some days ago I've seen a Pen thru dollar completely examinable... Im trying to find it and then link it to you to know if someone have it!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Tricks & Effects » » Review: Real Pen-etration by Alan Rorrison (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL