The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Copperfield Show? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
rocky424
View Profile
New user
Boca Raton, FL
54 Posts

Profile of rocky424
Hey Guys,

I was just wondering whether anyone has any idea on when Copperfield will put together a new show. "Intimate Evening of Grand Illusion" has been running for several years now and I anticipate a nearly full show change. Any information regarding a new show?

Thanks

-Sean
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Profile of collective foundry
I'm not sure if they have EVER done a completely new show. The TV specials are an amalgam of greatest hits from the road, although to the TV audience they are all new, to the tour audience things have not changed all that much.
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
If only he would do a "best of" tour. AHH (Shiver)

Jared
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

He did for Vegas 2001. He did all of the classics because of September 11th.
Bill Blagg III
View Profile
Regular user
169 Posts

Profile of Bill Blagg III
David Copperfield's Greatest Hits - Live on Stage! That is one show that I bet would beat a lot of box office records out there. Maybe he's saving it for the final tour? I can only hope. Best live show of his I've seen to date is easily, hands down, Dreams & Nightmares. Awesome....

"and I call it....The Fan." Ha ha ha

So to give this thread some life...if his greatest hits show had 13 effects what would you like to see the line up be?? (this should be fun)
collective foundry
View Profile
Inner circle
1404 Posts

Illusions:

Elevator, head mover, cocoon, interlude, death saw, squeeze-box (with the nation song) FLYING, Barclay house, cloth vanisk AKA after the show, the fan, water levitation (pain in the ass but a classic), a variation of the old couple in the park (maybe a tribute to Hy Kotkin), the lottery prediction, 13 /........

Will think of the close up stuff.... Get back to you.
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
His latest show is called Portal. I'm pretty sure it's new.
they thought it was impossible until they met me.

theres no reality in magic

did the magician come before the assistant or the other way around.
Matt Kap
View Profile
New user
Seattle, Washington
67 Posts

Profile of Matt Kap
Does DC keep all his past illusions on hand? I heard he had a secret warehouse "somewhere" in Nevada. That must be some big warehouse in some very secret location. Sure would be fun to poke around in there some night.
I would like to see:
Death Saw
The Fan
Flying

-MATT KAP
"The most beautiful thing we can experience is the mysterious." -Albert Einstein
diamond
View Profile
Regular user
Serbia & Montenegro
200 Posts

Profile of diamond
The warehouse is not realy a secret one. I saw many photos of it. It's located near Vegas (on one of the roads) and there is a huge "Magic of David Copperfield" billboard and several trucks with his photo in front of it.
Corey K
View Profile
Special user
Rhode Island
502 Posts

Profile of Corey K
I've said for years that I'd love to see a Greatest Hits tour. It would be awesome. Elevator, Interlude, Cocoon, The Fan, Floating Rose, Brick Wall Prediction, Flying.. would be awesome. But let's not talk about his last tour - I'm hoping that won't be for many, many years.

I doubt we'll see a totally new show, but a few new illusions with some things taken out would be cool. I'd like to see the pregnancy thing, and Anthrax (the scorpion trick) taken out. And he could take out Squeeze Box for one of his other classic illusions. Of course, just my opinion.
Corey King
rocky424
View Profile
New user
Boca Raton, FL
54 Posts

Profile of rocky424
I agree. The 'Pregnancy' and the 'Anthrax' effects should be removed and replaced. I also think that the Squeeze Box illusion is getting a little old and should be replaced as well. Also, everytime I watch him perform that trick, it looks like the whole box is going to fall apart. It just doesn't look impressive enough to be in a Copperfield show.
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
DC did do a "Greatest Hits" tour when he last went came to England (Yes, that long ago!)

It was basically the Unexplained Forces tour with 15 years of magic together.

A truly amazing night of magic the likes of which I don't think I'll be seeing again, and certainly not in England!

Of the top of my head the illusions included were:

Elevator, After the Show (floating woman vanish), Floating Tables, Death Saw, Graffiti Wall, The Fan, The Blade (Vertical cutting woman in half), Cocoon, Flying, Barclay House, Snow. + some more that time has robbed me of.

Boy that was some show! (With 3 biggies at the end to finish with, the standing ovations went on forever!) - DC back then at his greatest.
Winner of the Dumbringer Award for total incompetence. (All years)
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2006-03-21 21:48, rocky424 wrote:
I agree. The 'Pregnancy' and the 'Anthrax' effects should be removed and replaced. I also think that the Squeeze Box illusion is getting a little old and should be replaced as well. Also, every time I watch him perform that trick, it looks like the whole box is going to fall apart. It just doesn't look impressive enough to be in a Copperfield show.

I agree but don't forget us poor sods in England haven't seen 'Pregnancy' and the 'Anthrax' Illusion yet and I have only seen Anthrax by spending £100s to travel 100s of miles to see the Portal Show. (Pregnancy hadn't been added then.)

So what may be old and worn out, mostly everyone who isn't me, haven't even seen live or on video. That includes The Portal Illusion and in fact all of the Tornado of Fire special.

With no new TV specials planed, these illusions are lost to us forever - Not that we would get to see them if he were to do a New Special.

A very bad state of affairs!
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Never mind, portal is not new.

Face
View Profile
Elite user
495 Posts

Profile of Face
To: magicguy67 ... "Portal" is just one of his illusions that he performs in his show, not the name of the show. Smile
styles
View Profile
New user
Toronto, Canada
70 Posts

Profile of styles
Portal is a great trick - audiences seem to love it. I personally love how well designed the platform is. Looks quite deceptive! In true DC fashion not only did he reappear in the audience, but he now vanishes from the audience.
Scott
Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2006-03-22 10:13, Face wrote:
To: magicguy67 ... "Portal" is just one of his illusions that he performs in his show, not the name of the show. Smile

Oh yes, it was back in 2001 when I last saw him in Brussels.

This was the same as the Japan tour poster here:

This was just after the "Tornado Of Fire" TV special, but of course as he doesn't do the "Tornado Of Fire" STUNT live, it was called "Portal"
harleydavid2000
View Profile
New user
Minnesota
10 Posts

Profile of harleydavid2000
I see DC is on tour ....coming to a city near you !!!
magicguy67
View Profile
Loyal user
mEL.fLORIDA
287 Posts

Profile of magicguy67
Yep, and I'm going to see him for the second time.

Shrubsole
View Profile
Inner circle
Kent, England
2455 Posts

Profile of Shrubsole
Quote:
On 2006-03-24 00:38, harleydavid2000 wrote:
I see DC is on tour ....coming to a city near you !!!

Well, barring longish stays in Vagas and days off, DC is constantly on tour!

:)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » New Copperfield Show? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL