The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » E-books about magic (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magician2000
View Profile
New user
Phoenix, Arizona
62 Posts

Profile of magician2000
Kennedy...
I know what you mean... If I know that a book is going to be printed I will wait... I know that I have fallen asleep reading in bed, just going over material again and again... I would hate to think of would would have happened if I did that with my old 17" monitor before I went to an LCD monitor... NEWS FLASH <<<Headlines read: MAGICIAN KILLED BY THE BIG SCREEN, his final disapearing act>>>
Dominic Marion
Sèan's Bar
Athlone
County Westmeath
Ireland
"Create a world where science and technology are celebrated... where
young people dream of becoming science and technology heroes..." (Dean
Kamen )
ranpink
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
252 Posts

Profile of ranpink
Bob Cassidy's Ebooks are brilliant and there are so many!!! I want them all.

His deal right now for any Ten ebooks is $100. They're worth every penny and worth the wait.
Creator of CUT

T-REX

Abnormal Behavior

ZEN SYSTEM

tāctilis

White Room

Think Pink - Central Intelligence

http://www.worldwidemagic.com
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3251 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hey, what happened to my post?

Is it considered unacceptable to warn people that they can spend $100 at Mr. Cassidy’s site and not get the products they purchased? It’s been over a week and I still haven’t received a reply to the two e-mails I sent Mr. Cassidy.

I didn’t create a separate topic to complain about the situation. This topic has 8 posts recommending Mr. Cassidy’s material to potential purchasers. I thought a buyer should know what he’s getting into and that posting my experience was the right thing to do.

I can’t imagine why the “powers that be” feel that it’s OK to take $100 and not deliver the product. I also can’t imagine the purpose of deleting my post and, in effect, causing others to lose money on the same mistake.

If you are going to delete my post, at least PM me with a valid reason.

Thanks,

Elliott
J ack Galloway
View Profile
Inner circle
1309 Posts

Profile of J ack Galloway
Oh, Elliot do what most would do and report the guy to your credit card company.

Tell them of the scam.

They will not care that he is a BIG NAME IN MENTALISM

No they will look at him as a swindler or at least one who is a bad risk.

Let them know I would.

But thank god I am not in your situation for I have read and know not to buy from BOBBBY directly.

Jack

H.O.A_X
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3251 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Hmm. Very tempting. Unfortunately, I paid with Paypal, so I don’t know if that’s an option. Also, I really liked Artful Mentalism, so I’m hesitant about getting Bob in any sort of trouble. I’ll send Bob a third email and give it a few more days. If I still don’t get a response, I’ll have to look into other options.

Thanks,

Elliott
Mystician
View Profile
Inner circle
Wallachia
3485 Posts

Profile of Mystician
Just a note for you, who, like me, prefer good ol hard copy, but like the extreme portability and searchability of eBooks, take heart - Hewlett-Packard, Phillips, and others are developing an electronic page, so to speak - a thin, flexible membrane like display that is perfect for small form factor laptops, pdas, and eBook readers.
I can't wait until they get this to market, and fortunately, they're ahead of their projected schedule.
Just one example of this technology:
http://www.deviceforge.com/news/NS9287835337.html
and
http://eetimes.com/news/latest/showArtic......=2215673
Just hanging out with the rest of my fellow dregs.
http:// www . phrets . com
Visit http://www.bizarremagic.net
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3251 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
I filed a claim with paypal and finally got a response. It was a bit of a hassle, but at least the books are pretty good.

Elliott
Parson Smith
View Profile
Inner circle
1937 Posts

Profile of Parson Smith
Mystician,
That product looks amazing.
Peace,
Parson
Here kitty, kitty,kitty. Smile
+++a posse ad esse+++
Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
5203 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Spinnato
View Profile
Elite user
428 Posts

Profile of Spinnato
Quote:
On 2005-10-05 20:34, ElliottB wrote:
Hey, what happened to my post?

Is it considered unacceptable to warn people that they can spend $100 at Mr. Cassidy’s site and not get the products they purchased? It’s been over a week and I still haven’t received a reply to the two e-mails I sent Mr. Cassidy.

I didn’t create a separate topic to complain about the situation. This topic has 8 posts recommending Mr. Cassidy’s material to potential purchasers. I thought a buyer should know what he’s getting into and that posting my experience was the right thing to do.

I can’t imagine why the “powers that be” feel that it’s OK to take $100 and not deliver the product. I also can’t imagine the purpose of deleting my post and, in effect, causing others to lose money on the same mistake.

If you are going to delete my post, at least PM me with a valid reason.

Thanks,

Elliott

I agree Elliott. The Café is known for deleting post like yours. I had the same problem, regarding the exact same situation as yours. Good luck.
ElliottB
View Profile
Inner circle
3251 Posts

Profile of ElliottB
Fortunately, the situation was resolved. Some of the books are actually quite good.

Elliott
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
What's the scoop on the Lee Earle web site? It says that ebooks won't be sent until he returns in April???...a 6 month wait?
Basil
View Profile
Regular user
Green Bay, WI
129 Posts

Profile of Basil
Yeah, I noticed that too. I had wondered if he had been refering to last April, but forgot to take the notice down? I'd like to order from him, but I don't want to wait that long.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » E-books about magic (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL