The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Doc Hilfords name/place variation? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

KiKi
View Profile
Inner circle
GERMANY/ Hannover
1143 Posts

Profile of KiKi
Does anyone know the title, or where I can find it?
kiki
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
Hi Kiki

As far as I am aware, I don't think Doc has actually published his version of the effect. The original effect is, of course, Bob Cassidy's and is available on his Mental Miracles DVD.

From what I remember of Doc's version, it is more or less the same, technically, and if my memory serves me correctly, Doc presents the effect using a Mr & Mrs (old UK TV show) type of routine using a married couple.

Sorry for the sketchy details but I saw Doc over here in the UK last month and he had so much good material that it's difficult to remember everything he did.

Marcus
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Docc has not published the routine.
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Is that one he performed at South Shields convention? Certainly had a Mr & Mrs feel.

Anyone know the coin routine he did on stage.I know the gimmick just don't know the how the spec "guessed" the correct date.Anyone?
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
Quote:
On 2006-04-03 13:56, Harry H wrote:
Is that one he performed at South Shields convention? Certainly had a Mr & Mrs feel.

Anyone know the coin routine he did on stage.I know the gimmick just don't know the how the spec "guessed" the correct date.Anyone?

Yes, that was the one Smile

It was great to see Doc at South Shields. It was the first time that I had watched the man perform live and it was a great experience.

A big thank you has to go to Martin Duffy for getting this weekend together. Doc Shields, David Berglas, John Archer, Whit Haydn, David and Dania plus many, many others. It was a great convention and just relaxed enough to allow me to make some great friends and chew the fat over mentalism and magic.

I can't wait for the next one!

Marcus
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Any ideas on the coin date method,MArcus?
Mark Roberts
View Profile
Special user
Nottingham, UK
597 Posts

Profile of Mark Roberts
Quote:
On 2006-04-03 17:41, Harry H wrote:
Any ideas on the coin date method,MArcus?

Sorry, matey! Haven't a clue!

I've had a quick look through his booklets but I can't find it published anywhere.

Marcus
Ken Dyne
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
2268 Posts

Profile of Ken Dyne
The coin date method is one of thos ehtings that is so increadibly simple that it flies by. I don't know if he's published it. I do know that he was meant to send me some of his products and as of yet I havent received any...?

Kennedy
MR GOLDEN BALLS 2.0: https://mentalunderground.com/product/mr-golden-balls-2-0/" target="_blank"> https://mentalunderground.com/product/passed-out-deck/

BAIRN: Named 'Best Mentalism Product Of 2014 by Marketplace of the Mind is my collection of more than 40 mentalism routines in a beautiful paperback book: http://www.mentalunderground.com/product/bairn
Harry H
View Profile
Inner circle
1526 Posts

Profile of Harry H
Spill the beans Kennedy then.Form what I recall he asked spec to think of a date prior to 1835 (for example)and it transpired she had the correct date on the coin in her hand!!
Just for clarity this is what Im referring to.
Nathan Kranzo
View Profile
V.I.P.
2955 Posts

Profile of Nathan Kranzo
Doesn't Larry Becker have a similar effect?

I'll look it up.

Thanks,

Nathan
check out MINDZILLA VOL. 2!!! Brand New Effects. Instant Downloads. Watch Demo Videos. Click below!!!

KranzoMagic.com
Svengali
View Profile
Regular user
USA
138 Posts

Profile of Svengali
Yes, In wonder Words 2.
Samuel Catoe
View Profile
Inner circle
South Carolina
1268 Posts

Profile of Samuel Catoe
Wonder Words is a Knepper publication.
Author of Illusions of Influence, a treatise on Equivoque.
PM me for details and availability.
Svengali
View Profile
Regular user
USA
138 Posts

Profile of Svengali
And you can find the Larry Becker trick there.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Doc Hilfords name/place variation? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL