The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Buying Clown Shoes (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
I am thinking of getting a clown shoes, and have only went to spears website. Is there any other places to get clown shoes?

What are the correct sizes? let's say spears, they have 13' 15' 17'.... how big are they in actual size? what are the most popular size most clowns wear?

I hope you can give me some answer... thank you..
Skip Way
View Profile
Inner circle
3771 Posts

Profile of Skip Way
Clown shoes are as dependent upon your clown personality as your pesonal shoes are to you. Do you prefer Oxfords, Loafers or Tennis shoes? Does your lifestyle require Wingtips or Air Jordans?

This is MY opinion based on MY experience only. I'm sure others will disagree. But...If you're a big, goofy, slow moving clown wih a bulky costume the bigger sheos may better suit your character. If you're a Charlie Chaplinesque clown: thin, short, tight fitting costume, easy moving...you may prefer the thinner and longer shoe. If you're an average size body style with a moderate costume and fairly active, you may prefer the shorter shoe.

The BEST thing to do is to visit the closest clown convention to you or visit local clown rings and compare the various shoe types BEFORE investing. I for one can never buy personal or clown shoes sight unseen through mail order. I'm too dang picky.

Skip
How you leave others feeling after an Experience with you becomes your Trademark.

Magic Youth Raleigh - RaleighMagicClub.org
TXKEVIN
View Profile
New user
57 Posts

Profile of TXKEVIN
Some clown shoe makers I am aware of include: Spears (www.spearshoes.com),Billy Prince, Jollywalkers (jollywalkers.com), clown-so-port
Magicusa
View Profile
Elite user
478 Posts

Profile of Magicusa
What kind of clown are you?

I have some shoes I don't use any more. If you want to see some pictures of them let me know. They are red and yellow. They are wing tip shoes, and they are around 17". They are 10 1/2 in size.

I will trade for them.
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
My personality is sort of a smart clown, rather than a silly one... more like what Ronald McDonald tpye... I think will get something smaller... I will like to visit more clown shoe maker website to find out more designs and ideas...
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
My personality is sort of a smart clown, rather than a silly one... more like what Ronald McDonald tpye... I think will get something smaller... I will like to visit more clown shoe maker website to find out more designs and ideas...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Several magic shops stock clown shoes. I don't know where you are located, but you might want to see some up close and personal before you order them. If you are the least bit unsure, I would suggest doing that if at all possible.

Regan
Mister Mystery
almagic
View Profile
Regular user
106 Posts

Profile of almagic
That's the problem.. I'm in singapore and there isn't any clown shoe shops around... And not many clowns here really wear a clown shoes...
Regan
View Profile
Inner circle
U.S.A.
5726 Posts

Profile of Regan
Then I would check out the spears website and check out some pictures. I'm sure they have some shaped like Ronald's and you can get them in about in color(s) you want.

Regan
Mister Mystery
Flipjack
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of Flipjack
I would definitely suggest going to a convention and talking to the person who makes your shoes. I got a pair of shoes from Spears and I am quite happy with them. They are the most comfortable pair of shoes I own.

And as far as sizing, when you go to order you don't just get a size 10 (or whatever you wear) They actually take a bunch of measurments of your foot and fashion the shoe to your foot. And when they talk about 13'' 17'' they are talking about the length of the shoe. mine are 17 inches long.

If you research it a bit you can get the exact kind of shoe you are looking for. I had them make me a pair of clown "Chuck Taylors". And I love them.

But if you are going to make a major purchase like that I do suggest talking to someone in person if you are able. And if you can't write down all the questions you have and ask until you are happy.
Professor Piper
View Profile
Special user
Somewhere, out there...
770 Posts

Profile of Professor Piper
I cannot recommend JollyWalkers highly enough...

They are FANTASTIC!

I ordered a custom made pair about three years ago and received exceptional service, attention to detail, and craftsmanship...

Everyone and I mean EVERYONE who sees my shoes comment on them...Telling me how beautiful, professional, etc they look.

Not only that, they fit PERFECTLY...I had to trace my feet (and send in the tracings), take about 6 different measurements (per foot) and a description of what I was looking for/wanting from my shoes...

In short, you get ABSOLUTELY what you want in your shoe...

I love em and won't do a pro-gig without them...as a matter of fact, my shoes play a key role in my Logo design...Which helps to market me...

And we all know how important marketing is!

Prof. Piper
"Nemo has been found! He was on an Admiral's Platter at Red Lobster!"
zambo
View Profile
New user
montreal
8 Posts

Profile of zambo
I found that a pair of hi-top converse do the trick... size 17... they are easy to clean, affordable, It allows me to have several pairs for different occasion.
Jewls
View Profile
Veteran user
Michigan-USA
360 Posts

Profile of Jewls
More important then shoes....Training!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Clowning around » » Buying Clown Shoes (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL