The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Appearing coins( idea from cups and balls) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
I watched Ammar perform cups and balls and he makes the balls appear one by one ,the third ball with misdirection appears on top of the cup and it looks really good , Just wondered if any one has used a method like this with appearances of coins
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I'm sure there are plenty of sources where you can find this. I use this type of an appearance in a lot of my coin routines, mainly in a few purse frame productions that I have...I've seen Joe Rindfleisch use this in some of his routines as well as Chris Korn in some of his. Those are just a couple I can think of off the top of my head but I know for a fact there are more.

-Bill
Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
Do you mean with the last one appearing on the table without being seen until attention is brought to it? If so, I have seen a few differest routines that use this as an ending. Each one really has a great effect. My favorite would be Jr. Coins Across from Joe R.'s newest dvd Extreme Coin Magic. It is great. A couple of others are a hanging coins effect by Garrett Thomas on the Coinvention dvd and a routine by Chris Korn. I don't know the name of Korn's effect but I know it is on one of his dvd by Bob Kohler. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. David Stone has a good Coin effect called Never 204. You can get it for free from his website at http://stone.magiczoom.com/ . Click "Tricks" on the left hand side. Just answer the password question and you are in. There are a couple of really good "essays" from his lecture notes also. I hope that is what you were talking about. If not, I just did a whole lot of typing for nothing, ha ha. Hope this helps.

-Buddy
Daegs
View Profile
Inner circle
USA
4291 Posts

Profile of Daegs
Yes... chris korn as some work, as well as David Stone.

In fact, in addition to having a coin appear by itself twice in a routine(Never2 without 4), david stone has this killer production of 4 coins at once on the table all done with misdirection(well actually only 3 on table but you don't notice them until 4th produced coin is layed down... its killer)

I modified Stone's so that the coins appear in matrix formation(i've only seen him do it in a row ala translocation)....(ie you produce one, lay it on the table and instantly there are 4 all in a square at the corners).
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
I think the Korn effect is the Liptak Sighting if I'm not mistaken, now that think about it.

-Bill
Buddy_815
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of Buddy_815
Bill, I think you are right on that name. That sounds like the one.

-Buddy
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
Thanks , the appearance of the 3rd ball in cups and balls looked really magical and thought there had to be a routine etc with coins that utilises this
regards
Jezza
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I had the pleasure of witnessing Kam do some amazing work with this idea. I believe that Garrett Thomas also has some beautiful work with it.

But Shoot does it on the spectator. It looks great! Troy Hooser among others do it in their own hands. Where the last coin appears all of the sudden.

C
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
837 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
Quote:
On 2006-03-22 13:24, Spydur wrote:
I had the pleasure of witnessing Kam do some amazing work with this idea. I believe that Garrett Thomas also has some beautiful work with it.

But Shoot does it on the spectator. It looks great! Troy Hooser among others do it in their own hands. Where the last coin appears all of the sudden.

C

I completely forgot about Shoot's routine. That one is definitely worth checking out! I, along with the routine's mentioned in my first post, have a coins across routine that utilizes this idea too that I forgot about. I'm working on getting it written so hopefully it'll be out soon.

-Bill
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I have a routine where 3 coins are produced from a purse frame and the last one appears through misdirection. I use it in my restaurant all the time as an opener and it ALWAYS gets a great reaction. I've adapted it so that it can be done stand up without a table as well. The last coin appears in my hand...looks great...if you can see it Smile
Karl Miller
View Profile
Elite user
494 Posts

Profile of Karl Miller
Mike Liptak popularized (or created) this type of production, I believe. Not much of his work is in print. Chris Korn's Liptak Sighting is based on Mike's work (thus the name). Curtis Kam has some wonderful thoughts on this type of thing in his new lecture which I just had the pleasure to see. Reed McClintock has some amazing work on this type of effect as well (Mr. McClintock calls this type of effect an "X Effect"). David Stone has some fantastic work on this, as does Garrett Thomas, which is explained on Vol. 1 of his new DVD series and on the Coinvention DVD mentioned above. Troy Hooser does some effects like this as well.

-Karl
Spydur
View Profile
Special user
PDX, now San Diego...back to PDX
966 Posts

Profile of Spydur
I am glad to see that Karl and I see eye to eye on this...hahahaha.

C
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
No idea on the timing thing. Maybe Tommy Wonder has some dates/Credits in his book.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Michael Rubinstein
View Profile
V.I.P.
4674 Posts

Profile of Michael Rubinstein
About 25 yrs ago, I did an effect where 4 half dollars are produced, the last two appearing magically on the table in Matrix position. It is called Bologna Debut, and can be found on my Knockout Coin Magic Triple DVD.
S.E.M. (The Sun, the Moon, and the Earth) is a sun and moon routine unlike any other. Limited to 100 sets, here is the promo:
https://youtu.be/aFuAWCNEuOI?si=ZdDUNV8lUPWvtOcL
$325 ppd USA (Shipping extra outside of USA). If interested, shoot me an email for ordering information at rubinsteindvm@aol.com
jezza
View Profile
Elite user
469 Posts

Profile of jezza
Quote:
On 2006-03-22 22:30, Michael Rubinstein wrote:
About 25 yrs ago, I did an effect where 4 half dollars are produced, the last two appearing magically on the table in Matrix position. It is called Bologna Debut, and can be found on my Knockout Coin Magic Triple DVD.

Thanks Michael I will check this out
this would make a super opening to a matrix routine
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Appearing coins( idea from cups and balls) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL