The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Max Maven this Friday (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3387 Posts

Profile of Julie
Max Maven is lecturing at our local Ring meeting in Phoenix on Friday, March 24. Does anyone have any suggestions as to specific areas to discuss with him? (I've done some "mental-magic" in my time, but never any "straight" mentalism.) HELP!

I do have 3 or 4 of the Color Series booklets from years ago and have just purchased PRISM...

Julie
jimtron
View Profile
Inner circle
2031 Posts

Profile of jimtron
You might ask him to expound upon the Gilbreath principle. Or his last book, "Protocols of the Elders of Magic."
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5806 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
My advice, don't try to force or make up any questions for a lecturer. Go and enjoy the lecture. Be fully aware of the details which are discussed and a genuine question may come to you. If it does not, accept that reality.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3387 Posts

Profile of Julie
Thanks Jimtron, I'll keep those suggestions in mind.

Tom, It's been around 30 years since I had the pleasure of seeing a "youngster" named Phil Goldstein with an identity crisis (aka Max Maven) create a sensation in Chicago by revealing secrets of a "real" mentalist during his first lecture there. This same guy actually held a crowd of hundreds of people in the palm of his hand at Chicago's Navy Pier. I mention this because it's worthy of note that his rye sense of humor is sparked by interaction with his audience and this Phoenix group is ready for FUN!

Anyone have any Max Maven stories?

Julie (Getting ready to go "Mental") Smile
Greg Arce
View Profile
Inner circle
6320 Posts

Profile of Greg Arce
At my very first convention, somewhere in the early 70s, a strange young man performed: Phil Goldstein. He blew me away with his lecture and he was the very first person I bought from at the dealer's room. He was demonstrating all these cool packet effects he had invented for Hank Lee. I was completely fooled and surprised by his effect called Full Circle... I bought it immediately and performed it for years to come.

Greg
One of my favorite quotes: "A critic is a legless man who teaches running."
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
You will enjoy his lecture and as Tom said, just sit back and enjoy the show. He is mesmerizing to behold and will fry you with some great stuff. If he doesn't include this in his lecture, ask him to demo the "Art Of The Ancient Chinese Pulse Reading" routine. It's a killer and real easy to do. It fried many of the magicians at the lecture in Chicago several months back where he presented this.

Snidini
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3387 Posts

Profile of Julie
Hi guys!

Max is conducting a "teach-in" tomorrow, too, so we'll have an even bigger dose of his unique approach to entertainment. Thanks to everyone who responded!

Julie
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5806 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
You are indeed fortunate to have this additional opportunity to benefit from Max's wisdom. Enjoy.
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
I was planning on a lecture in Az, and this is all the sam is talking about. guess hes doing a master class as well!
Tony Iacoviello
View Profile
Eternal Order
13151 Posts

Profile of Tony Iacoviello
We have Danny Archer lecturing in Boston on 14 April.
And you have to admit, Danny does have a better haircut than Max.

Tony
magicfish
View Profile
Inner circle
6605 Posts

Profile of magicfish
I've seen Max perform and lecture. You're very lucky. Max rules!
Snidini
View Profile
Special user
786 Posts

Profile of Snidini
Julie, keep us posted about any special lecture notes he may make available. He did that for his Chicago lectures a while back. Two back to back dates/locations; two different lecture notes.

Snidini
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Max Maven this Friday (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL