The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New to Kids Shows... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
I have a long background of close up magic with cards and a little bit of mentalism. However, I am just starting to enter the kids show scene. What gimmicks or dvd's should I buy and what books. What actual material should I try to learn, besides the presentational stuff because I already have some of that. Also I have Dan Harlan's kid show video. Thanks for the help.

Cody
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
To start out I'd get:
Seriously Silly by David Kaye (book)
Performing Magic at Schools (something like that) dvd at http://www.zandermagic.com on sale I think.

TT and silk to vanish with it.

a set up for 20th Century (is it 21st?) silks

Ropes for a rope routine (at minimum learn prof. nightmare and see if Zander is selling his loose ends dvd/video, good routine)

some napkins for a torn and restored napkin routine

Magic Coloring Book

at least one sucker effect starting with the inexpensive color changing laces up to the beautiful version of hippity hop rabbits done with a magician and assistant put out by Wolf Magic

Get: Break away wand or other fun wands, mouth coil, sponge balls, and you are set my man!

Steve V
Cody Fisher
View Profile
Special user
884 Posts

Profile of Cody Fisher
Thanks for all those great ideas. I have the TT and silk, coloring book, ropes and knowledge of prof. nightmare, and a couple other things. Thanks for the tips.

Cody
Billy Bo
View Profile
Special user
627 Posts

Profile of Billy Bo
A good search of the site will turn things out like a goldmine
mc_magi
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
949 Posts

Profile of mc_magi
Search isn't even needed on this particular forum however as Mr Brian Lehr put tremendous amount of work in order to do the "index" of the WHOLE little darlings forum!. Check it out. Its stickied.
I found just about every answer there was to my question. I am sure that it would be very helpful.
Cesar Munoz
View Profile
Veteran user
370 Posts

Profile of Cesar Munoz
Hi Cody,

Professional Magic For Children (Ginn) and Seriously Silly (Kaye) are both fantastic. Once you have put your routines together, I would encourage you to video tape or at least audio tape your first few shows. Then tape every so often. I just ask the parents prior to the start of a show if it would be okay to video tape the show for quality control purposes. You can learn a lot from watching the show afterwards in the quiet of your own home. Have fun!!!

Cesar
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Cesar has just given you some excellent advice...video the show and watch your act...you'll be amazed what the video will pick up...give yourself permission to learn, grow and be okay with where you are at present with your magic...play with your routines/effects and find ones that fit you
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » New to Kids Shows... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL