We Remember The Magic Caf We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Different Backs Available (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
There's no Sam's in Canada.....you guys are making me green with envy!
sportshooter
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA USA
161 Posts

Profile of sportshooter
Quote:
On 2006-03-28 12:34, silverking wrote:
There's no Sam's in Canada.....you guys are making me green with envy!

That's suprising considering I was in Mexico not too long ago and there was a Wal-Mart. I'm sure Sam's isn't far behind.
"Don't trouble 'bout no two hen's, Boss. Get yo' own hen'. De suckah, he'll get a han' all right, suah!"
sportshooter
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA USA
161 Posts

Profile of sportshooter
I opened a pack of the cupid on the bike and they seem to be regular Bike stock. The faces are regular as well as the borders being off. The only difference seems to be the backs. I'm going to stop back by in the next day or so and pick up some more. If anyone is interested, in the states, I'll pick you up a set as well and send them to you for the cost of them plus postage. As long as they are for personal use and not put up for sale or auction.
"Don't trouble 'bout no two hen's, Boss. Get yo' own hen'. De suckah, he'll get a han' all right, suah!"
Kaylan
View Profile
Special user
CT
758 Posts

Profile of Kaylan
Thanks, sportshooter - are you referring to the Safety Back design?
sportshooter
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA USA
161 Posts

Profile of sportshooter
Quote:
On 2006-03-28 14:39, Kaylan wrote:
Thanks, sportshooter - are you referring to the Safety Back design?

I'm not sure. The one with the cupid riding the bike.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
No,
you mean the Cupids, Safety backs look different and are not included in this set.
The safety backs have just been released this march (a few days ago I think), but not in sets.

To see the difference visit Jason England's website:

http://www.nls.physics.ucsb.edu/~nathanb......dex.html

Sportshooter,
could you be so kind as to get me 3 sets ? The shipping wouldn't be a problem as I have a friend in the states. Would you accept Paypal ?

Best wishes,
Philipp
Doc Brown : If you put your mind to it , you can accomplish anything .
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
The cupid back is part of this three pack.

The safety back has been released seperately as part of a heritage back series.

The cupid riding the bike is the cupid back.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Just as I said Smile
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Best,
Philipp (aka Phil from TSD - my god am I a showoff Smile)
[/quote]

I agree. Hehehe.

They are also available in Germany.
silverking
View Profile
Inner circle
4574 Posts

Profile of silverking
Quote:
Just as I said

Sorry Phillip, I did repeat you pretty much word for word.
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
I called my local Sam's club today and they had no idea what I was talking about. I think I'll have to go check for myself. If they really don't carry them, I'm gonna have to ask one of you guys for a major favor.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
Quote:
On 2006-03-28 17:59, Marco S. wrote:
Quote:
Best,

I agree. Hehehe.

Jealous, Marco ? Smile

Well that's great news Marco, if you'd be so kind as to share the source I'd really appreciate it.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Thanks for the head up on these Steven.

I stopped at Sams yesterday and picked up two sets. This realy is a FANTASTIC deal. I like the cards alot. I only opened one pack (Tangent Backs) but the cards were fine, the borders were even etc. The cards handle fine, they seem like regular Bike stock. But they look great.

It's a great deal. Even if you aren't already a member of Sams club. if you bought a one year membership to Sams for 40 bucks and bought two sets, you would have 12 decks at 5 bucks apiece, plus two card rules books. AND you would still have the club membership. Which is worth it, because some of the prices at Sams make Wal-Mart look like Neimen-Marcus. I plan on picking up a few more sets. They had plenty at the store I went to, and there are several more Sam's Clubs in town.

Vandy
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
sportshooter
View Profile
Regular user
Atlanta, GA USA
161 Posts

Profile of sportshooter
Quote:
On 2006-03-29 08:49, Vandy Grift wrote:
Thanks for the head up on these Steven.

I stopped at Sams yesterday and picked up two sets. This realy is a FANTASTIC deal. I like the cards alot. I only opened one pack (Tangent Backs) but the cards were fine, the borders were even etc. The cards handle fine, they seem like regular Bike stock. But they look great.

It's a great deal. Even if you aren't already a member of Sams club. if you bought a one year membership to Sams for 40 bucks and bought two sets, you would have 12 decks at 5 bucks apiece, plus two card rules books. AND you would still have the club membership. Which is worth it, because some of the prices at Sams make Wal-Mart look like Neimen-Marcus. I plan on picking up a few more sets. They had plenty at the store I went to, and there are several more Sam's Clubs in town.

Vandy

Yes, Sam's has some great deals! I can't go in there w/o dropping a c-note.
SS
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I hear ya. I was only shopping for cards yesterday, but noticed a few other things that I really "needed". LOL
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Quote:
On 2006-03-29 05:45, Philipp K wrote:
Quote:
On 2006-03-28 17:59, Marco S. wrote:
Quote:
Best,

I agree. Hehehe.

Jealous, Marco ? Smile

Well that's great news Marco, if you'd be so kind as to share the source I'd really appreciate it.

It is not an online store, but an ardent deck-of-cards collector here in Berlin. As far as I know they are not sold over the Internet.
Philipp K
View Profile
Loyal user
Germany
228 Posts

Profile of Philipp K
I think it would still be worth a try.
Do you happen to know his name ? PM me if you don't want to name him in public.

I'd like to give him a call.
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Quote:
On 2006-03-24 17:10, edh wrote:
Are the faces of these cards all uniform? In other words are the faces of these cards look like the regular Bike deck faces?

The cards all look the same excepting the Ace of Spades. They have a very nice design on the trademark Ace. Much larger and nicer than the regular design.

I only checked out the tangent backs, but I assume that all they decks have the special Ace design. (you can see the ace design on the pic that Steven supplied)

Vandy
Mysterioii
View Profile
Regular user
123 Posts

Profile of Mysterioii
Quote:
On 2006-03-29 09:18, Vandy Grift wrote:
I hear ya. I was only shopping for cards yesterday, but noticed a few other things that I really "needed". LOL

They had a few dozen of these sets on the shelves at a Sam's in Indiana today (I nabbed three), and I got all three seasons of Gilligan's Island on DVD for $18 a pop.

Hey, I grew up watching reruns of that show after school each day... it rocks Smile
CardConjurer
View Profile
Loyal user
South Florida
202 Posts

Profile of CardConjurer
I bought 6 sets, 9.89 each. Havent tried any of them yet.
I like cards.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Gaffed & Funky » » Different Backs Available (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2022 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.05 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL