The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Chip Race Rule? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
Can someone explain the chip race rule in more layman's terms than this? I'm not grasping the concept.

"Chip race rule: When it is time to color-up chips, they will be raced off with a maximum of one chip going to any player. The chip race will always start in the No.1 seat. A player cannot be raced out of a tournament. In the event that a player has only one chip left, the regular race procedure will take place. If that player loses the race, he will be given one chip of the smallest denomination still in play"
Think you know Erdnase? Take my quiz

http://wessmiller.blogspot.com
Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
I'm not sure exactly if you are asking about how the chip race is conducted or what happens if someone comes out of the race with no chips left in the game.

That description above is not the entire chip race procedure, it only tells you that if someone comes out of the race with no chips, that they get one of the lowest denomination chips left in play. So if someone only had 3 chips left and they went in for the color up and he got junk cards in the race. It might be that he shouldn't get any of the higher denomination chips. But since you can't be raced out...he would be given one chip.

Sorry if I misunderstood the question or you were asking about a different aspect of the chip race.

Vandy

P.S. I don't know about you guys, but if we need to color up, we just cash in as much as we can and leave the few low chips in play. Then we cash those in as we can. We don't do chip races at our home games.
"Get a life dude." -some guy in a magic forum
J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
That's how we play too Vandy, How exactly is the chip race conducted though? I think it's basically everyone cashes out as many of the little chips as they can, and the few each person has left they get a card for. Whoever gets the highest card gets everyone's little chips. Is that right?
thanks and be well,
JW

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
Almost. Everyone cashes in as much as they can, then they put their odd chips in the middle. The dealer gives them a card for each chip. The dealer puts the odd chips in the bank and takes out the approproiate number of the higher denomination chips. It gets kind of confusing, but basically, if he has 12, 5 dollar chips he puts those in the bank and takes out 2, twenty five dollar chips. (if he has half again the value of the higher chip, he takes another 25 dollar chip. In other words, he rounds UP.)

Then those chips are given out in order of the highest cards until they are all passed out.

My head is spinning just from typing this. LOL.

Does that help at all?

Vandy
J Wessmiller
View Profile
Veteran user
VA
306 Posts

Profile of J Wessmiller
Vandy,
perfect explanation. Thanks so much!
be well,
JW

Vandy Grift
View Profile
Inner circle
Milwaukee
3504 Posts

Profile of Vandy Grift
No problem. If I didn't get it exactly right maybe one of the pro dealers will clarify.

Take Care,

Vandy
J0ma
View Profile
New user
Finland
59 Posts

Profile of J0ma
Haha, thanks Vandy, now I finally understood this one! I kept reading this over and over again, and finally I got it Smile

Thanks,
J0ma
Magic Is Life
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Gambling Spot » » Chip Race Rule? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL