The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Murder book!!! Seance galore! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
This is in response to a post by Rick re: his Murder Effect. I won't repost what he said but he said some cool cool things about it - and this was my response to that little book of evil:

It sounds great to me! I plan to do a full review of the thing once I get it.

I'm just thinking of "From Hell" the film (which isn't anywhere near as good as the comic book) with the psychic detective tracking Jack the Ripper.

As per another post - this item could be used in conjunction with a Redjack seance - ok - this is a Penny forum but by gosh if you don't see the bizarrist angle as well - turn in your IBM card (or Ssanctum card (or whatever else))...

In fact, it can be a segue into summoning all sorts of angry spirits seeking vengeance or retribution.... I also have been fiddling with my Entity effect (yay Peter) - got to have some spinning knives with this

Anything MOABT-like got to be good - and for $50 vs $250 (or whatever) - how can ya go wrong?

Balance point: sounds dark - but to someone like me - hee hee hee! Just the way I like it!

As for Doug's comment - I'd edit some of the secrets above and repost in Inner Secrets (although nowadays 50 posts isn't hard to get)....!!!! [Note: looks like the thread was murdered - as they say - 3 can keep a secret if 2 of them are dead]....

As for the method [with no tipping] - I think some multiple outs in addition to the book would be cool - like some photographs of certain named people you can retreive from a Himber or whatever as needed... part of the evidence...

In fact - this would be cool to have some CSI or bizarrist evidence stuff as part of the presentation -

Hey Rick - I think you should post this in Spooky forum as well....

OK - I'm going to think of an entire routine now that I am inspired by this little book - (I think I'll have to fake blood stain it and age it a bit - or is it already that way Smile)...!!!

Feeling more bizarre than mental today,

Bruce
"They are lean and athirst!!!!"
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
Fake blood stain, aged looking. Great minds think alike! There is absolutely the ability to make this a very grisley dark bit of mind reading.

The ability to add a prediction is also there, although I do not do that..yet.

How frightning to pull out an old crumpled black and white photo of the victim they choose.

Or better yet an old yellowed letter from the killer! Signed!

Put that on our Homicide forum Doc!!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
Sounds like this could work well with a differently loaded Heirloom Wallet Smile... of course - depending on the outs - one can load it into the (ta-da) Outlaw Wallet!!!!
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
What if you don't want to deep and dark? What if you want to make it more of a mystery CSI type effect? Maybe a little more laid back and not so MURDER MURDER MURDER. The blood splatter etc is not my style, so I am just trying to see if this will work for me.
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5091 Posts

Profile of Roth
That's Dr. Spectors take. Mine is much more "mental" of an effect. The presentations can vary depending on who does the routine of course.

You can be very low key or go all out with the murder scene.

CSI is great. Put that on the forum!!!

Describe the evidence found!!
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Doug Higley
View Profile
V.I.P.
Here and There
7173 Posts

Profile of Doug Higley
I'm more leaning toward the Gentleman Inspector Of the Yard..he will avoid using words not in keeping with polite society...and will use Limbs instead of legs and for blood a Protein Spill...Murder CAN be tasteful.

:)
Higley's Giant Flea Pocket Zibit
Dr Spektor
View Profile
Eternal Order
Carcosa
10577 Posts

Profile of Dr Spektor
CSI is not deep and dark Smile???? Some episodes are downright creepy!

By the way - where is the forum!!!?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Murder book!!! Seance galore! (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL