The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sometimes its good to be one of a few... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Profile of Thomas Rudolfo
Hi friends,

Usually its not my style to write much about my bookings (I don't want to show off) but this story really made me happy since I've got this booking because of chance and obviously the fact that I live in a small country.

What happened:
A foreign subsidiary of a major Austiran IT-company which is located in Dubai, United Arab Emirates, is hosting a big celebration in an hotel in Dubai in Dec. and they were looking for mental entertainment. So they patriotically decided to look if there are mental entertainers in Austria.

SO the hotel, authorised by this company to manage the whole celebration, obviously googled for mentalists in Austria.

Since I am one of the very few professional performing mentalists here in Austria before they saw the links to my websites or others they found a link to the theatre where I perform regularly.
Fortunately it was a link to a page where there was a story about my Glass Box Prediction I did recently with a photo on which I give the box to the committee.

THe CEO of the company was reading this and obviously impressed so taht he also watched my site but the Prediction really hit him.
So then he authorised the hotel to finalise the contract.

Aside some usual requests like to include some managers in my show, there was a request, I'd rather say a term that I "must" do the Prediction at the event, which of course is no problem for me.

So yesterday I got back the signed contract. SO now aside from good 4-digit fee I will receive I also get flight to Dubai and two additional nights residence in the hotel (5 star) where I perform including dinner and sight seeing. All this for me and my assistant (my wife).
So beginning of fall I will give the sealed box to a committee from the companies headqueaters here in Vienna and they transfer it to Dubai where it will be locked in safe until my show in December.

So again I want to mention that I didn't want to show off with this gig (really not my style) but rather I just want to show that even if you are located at a country like Austria where mentalism really is not so easy to sell but with solid and hard work, patience and some luck of course we all can get our chances.

So this should encourage others not to give up but to believe in themselves.

And this also once more shows that such public stunts like a prediction still can be very effective.

Because sometimes I hear fellow mentalists or magicians say that you must be one of the top Pros in the world to get the real good gigs and that such stunts not longer are adequate in todays world.

So maybe this show I will have in Dubai in December can further help the whole mental entertainment scene here in Austria.

So by the time when I did the show I will report about my "mental adventures" in Dubai.

Greetings
Thomas
Think positive and you'll see, how beautiful your life can be!

www.der-mentalist.net
Jaz
View Profile
Inner circle
NJ, U.S.
6111 Posts

Profile of Jaz
Good for you. You had what they wanted and you got the job.
You're not bragging.
It shows that the internet can work.
You just have to get your name out there.
Renaldi
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Canada
106 Posts

Profile of Renaldi
Greetings Thomas from Toronto, Canada

Well done. I hope your success continues to multiply.

Best wishes,

Renaldi
Nicholas
View Profile
Special user
I predict that I now have
900 Posts

Profile of Nicholas
Congratulations!!! That's what I call exciting. And...it makes me wonder what other good things could come to you as a result of this opportunity?
Best wishes!
Nicholas
Jim-Callahan
View Profile
V.I.P.
5018 Posts

Profile of Jim-Callahan
Thomas,

Great news like this makes me feal good.

Thanks for sharing it.

Jim

H.O.A-X
“I can make Satan’s devils dance like fine gentlemen across the stage of reality”.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Good for you enjoy!! Sounds like a great OPP.
Waters
View Profile
Inner circle
2508 Posts

Profile of Waters
Congrats Thomas,
I am sure you'll have a fantastic show (and a great time).

Excellent!

Sean
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Well, thanks for all your kind replies. Again I want to mention that it mmight sound a bit strange to some out there since they might have such bookings more often.

But though I am proud that I really have some good corporate work here now and I already have some years of experience now. But as mentioned it's not so easy here to be successful and get busy as mentalist so such bookings really are somethinkg special. And I have read many posts here by people with similar "difficulties".

So the internet indeed is a wonderful tool and such moments really make me think about this and then I am thankful to all the other members here who can help to more develope ones style, routines etc. So we all, regardless where we live, have the chance to reach our goal.

I just had the feel that I must say this.

Greetings
Thomas

Thanks again
Thomas

www.der-mentalist.net
Scott Xavier
View Profile
Inner circle
3672 Posts

Profile of Scott Xavier
Congratulations. Here in the states, Im lost in the masses. I hear even Wizzos doing mentalism these days.
chichi711
View Profile
Inner circle
5810 Posts

Profile of chichi711
Wizzos??
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Scott, I like the word WIZZOS Smile

Well, I doubt that you are lost in the mass. Unfortunately I haven't seen one of your live shows yet but you have your own personality and special style which hardly can be copied so that makes you unique.

So like in any other business that's the key to success. Especially if you are one of many who offer the same.
SO I guess that's what one has to find.

Cheers
Thomas

www.der-mentalist.net
Carlos the Great
View Profile
Inner circle
California
1234 Posts

Profile of Carlos the Great
Good for you. Don't even worry about being seen to be bragging. You have given people concrete reasons to not only have their name out there but to make sure they engage is effectice marketing (good v. poor websites, for example, may cost a little more initially but look at the results!).

Congrats and good luck!

-Carlos
Cognite tute
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Congratulations Thomas!
May you have continued success!!

:cheers:
Cliff
stevie1
View Profile
Regular user
perth,australia
180 Posts

Profile of stevie1
Well done Thomas,what a kool gig to score.Hope everythying goes well for you buddy,enjoy yourselves,all the best,Stevie
coupcoupdaddy
View Profile
Inner circle
2466 Posts

Profile of coupcoupdaddy
Congratulations, Thomas, and thanks for offering to share more later. You are cultural ambassadors.
foreign correspondent, z and lt

inner being worker
munger
View Profile
Loyal user
austria
265 Posts

Profile of munger
Congratulations thomas !

btw, when will your tv-show start ?

mario
Thomas Rudolfo
View Profile
Special user
Vienna, Austria, EU
640 Posts

Thanks Mario,

TV is planned to start from MAi.
I also want to mentione that when I called this thread "to be one of a few" I also had Mario in mind as one of those very few good mental performers.

Just wanted to mention this once so that others know a bit more about mental scene here.
So a friend and me already started to plan a mental convention here in Vienna for 2007 to push mental scene a bit more here. Details will follow.

Greetings
Thomas

www.der-mentalist.net
Drewmcadam
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland
1238 Posts

Profile of Drewmcadam
Well done. DO let us know how it goes.
MrHyde
View Profile
Special user
810 Posts

Profile of MrHyde
Quote:
On 2006-03-24 16:17, Thomas Rudolfo wrote:

What happened:
SO the hotel, authorised by this company to manage the whole celebration, obviously googled for mentalists in Austria.

I wish they had mistyped their google search
and looked for mentalists in Australia Smile

Well done

Timothy Hyde
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
This is sooo exciting! Mentalism rocks. Congrats, Thomas! Please keep us posted.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Sometimes its good to be one of a few... (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL