The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » A childhood tale..... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Steven True
View Profile
Special user
Bonney Lake,WA
765 Posts

Profile of Steven True
Wow I do sense some hostility. I still say that as entertainers we need to be careful and make sure we have fun with them and not make fun of them. I chose not to use gags in my act that may offend people. That is just me. By any chance Steve V you were not one of them that made fun of him are you....JUST KIDDIN!!!! Really somethings just,IMO,don't have any place in some acts. With kids we need to be careful as well as some adults. Would it be appropriate to do that same routine for a group home of mentally handicapped young adults? It has it's place in some shows but not all. That was my point,my 2 cents here.

Thanks
Steven
The Great Smartini
View Profile
Inner circle
2280 Posts

Profile of The Great Smartini
Any gag has the ability to offend someone in some context...the diaper gag is something that plays in New York city and this is a very different climate than say the south/small town where a David Ginn might work...what David Ginn does in his area wouldn't work for what works for David Kaye in his...are any approaches more right or just more right for us and who we are as performers/people

...if I choose to use the diaper gag then I choose to use the diaper gag and it doesn't mean that I hate kids or want to demean them...I put my son's diaper on my head and watch him howl...to him, this is hysterically funny...if you think that David Kaye's material doesn't work then you haven't seen it through the eyes of a child...my son watched David do his Silly Billy wand bits "I'm the big magician and so I get the big magic wand" ...in my house for my four year old I don't even need the wands...my son just acts it out and again for him this is hysterically funny...the look on his face tells me everything I need to know...so draw the line where you feel comfortable drawing the line but don't draw my line for me

Smartini
Steve V
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1878 Posts

Profile of Steve V
I admit it, I was the magician who yelled at Max. I almost back handed him with a crystal tube but didn't. After all....I'm a giver in a world full of takers.
Steve V
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » A childhood tale..... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL