The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible vs Normal Dove Harnesses (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

BalukMagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Toronto, Canada
319 Posts

Profile of BalukMagic
Hi - I'm kind of new to dove magic and I'm sure I'll get a book or two on it.

Anyway, like I mentioned earlier, I recently bought a Dove Harness. I am just curious as to what is different in an invisible harness.

Thanks
Bob Sanders
View Profile
1945 - 2024
Magic Valley Ranch, Clanton, Alabama
20504 Posts

Profile of Bob Sanders
An invisible dove harness should be invisible to the audience even when they see the dove wearing it. To me, it's real function is to hold a bird down that will fly away. (It's really not needed for production.)

Plenty of invisible harnesses are sold. Some are very dangerous for the dove. Nevertheless, they are popular among many magicians. I do not use them. When I produce a free dove, it is a free dove indeed.

Other harnesses are never seen by the audience but are used by magicians to hold or move a dove before the production. There are many different kinds. Attend some good live dove magic lectures and see what kind you like best. I would avoid any that require clipping of the doves' feathers, restricting their breathing, hanging them inverted, or threaten the safety of the dove in any way. Most harnesses are priced about the same but price seems to be no indictor of quality. If they don't fit your birds, don't use them.

Enjoy your dove magic.

Bob Sanders
Magic By Sander
Bob Sanders

Magic By Sander / The Amazed Wiz

AmazedWiz@Yahoo.com
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1645 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
An invisible harness is used with a production that doesn't use a cover (a silk, newspaper, rope, etc.).

Tony Clark's "Love Your Dove" harness is the best I've seen. It pulls from the chest instead of the wings. Get them here - http://www.tonyclarkmagic.com/shop/produ......ts_id=67
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Invisible vs Normal Dove Harnesses (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL