The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kreskin is Amazing (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Saw Kreskin's show in Ottawa last night. What can I say? He's Amazing. Smile Grabbed us from the top of the show. Shiny red shirt and tie. His enthusiasm is infectious. Brilliant lines- hilarious. "I would suggest that you keep both feet firmly planted on the floor- especially those of you who are standing. " Smile Huge audience interaction. No separation really between himself and the audience. We were there with Kreskin. He stayed after the show to talk with people and sign autographs, allowed photos- so gracious- wanted to ensure people got what they came for. "Take another one- make sure you got it now." Smile Many entertainers can take a lesson from his generosity. Thanks, Kreskin. Genius. Smile
entity
View Profile
Inner circle
Canada
5060 Posts

Profile of entity
Magicalaurie: I very pleased that you got the chance to see Kreskin in action in front of a real theatre audience. Everything that you say about him is true.

There are a number of lessons to be learned from watching Kreskin in action, both on and off the stage.

Cheers,

- entity
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Kreskin is amazing. Yep. I always thought it was a given but indeed it can not be written too many times.

The man off stage is as wonderfull as he is on stage.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Jon Stetson
View Profile
Veteran user
329 Posts

Profile of Jon Stetson
Agreed. Mr. Kreskin is a gem.
Red Von
View Profile
Loyal user
Branson, MO
251 Posts

Profile of Red Von
Amazing, Brilliant, One of the Best!!

:thumbsup:
Cliff
Eric Leclerc
View Profile
Inner circle
Ottawa Ontario
1185 Posts

Profile of Eric Leclerc
Aaaarrgh!!!!! I had tickets to his show last night and had to give them up due to a last minute booking!!! Sooo jealous..... that was probably my last chance to see him live....how was it? details details........
Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
I missed the show too!
I wished I bought tickets earlier!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
It was a 3 hour show and it just flew- amazing. Smile I wouldn't say it's necessarily you're last chance to see him "live", Eric. I think he plans on sticking around a while- forever, in fact- if I remember his words correctly. Smile

Posted: Mar 26, 2006 10:17am
--------------------------------------------------
Full house, too. Smile Sold out, as you said, Phil.

Posted: Mar 27, 2006 11:28pm
He plays the piano beautifully as well. How many knew that? Even played Happy Birthday for a young girl from the audience after he pulled his cheque from her shoe. Smile

Posted: Apr 2, 2006 9:16pm
Some Kreskin fans might be interested in hearing that parts of his TV show are being released on DVD. Smile
Patrick Redford
View Profile
Inner circle
Michigan
1751 Posts

Profile of Patrick Redford
This is happy news!
MentaThought
View Profile
Special user
615 Posts

Profile of MentaThought
Quote:
On 2006-04-02 21:16, magicalaurie wrote:
Some Kreskin fans might be interested in hearing that parts of his t.v. show are being released on DVD. Smile

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
"A good mentalist ... will teach you a miracle because he understands the subtleties ..." -- Banachek

"If this works it'll be BEAUTIFUL!" - The Amazing Kreskin on a stunning effect he performed on his 1970s television series (PS: it worked)
jlevey
View Profile
Inner circle
Montreal, Quebec, Canada
2076 Posts

Profile of jlevey
I was their in Ottawa and can only repeat what Laurie said so well...

Kreskin is definitely a class act and his ability to bond with his audience is wonderful to witness, experience and learn from.

The show was entertaining for the full three hours and we really "routed" for Kreskin to have a successful outcome with each effect.

The second part of his show consisted of hypnosis and the audience was laughing all the way, yet he was gentle and never worked to embarass his courageous volunteers.

Again as Laurie pointed out, Kreskin was incredibly thoughtful and gracious after his show. There must have been a line-up of what seemed like 100 fans. My friend and I were one of the first in line and when it came our turn to autograph and pose for pictures, he reached over my shoulder warmly and graciously waited as the camera's flash warmed up. Then, he encouraged us to have another photo taken and continued to chat with us for a few minutes about where we were from,asking how we enjoyed the show, etc.

Sincere, thoughtful and giving of his time and exuding postiive energy. Kreskin truly is a special entertainer who relishes his the trust and respect that his audience shows and gives as much (and more) in return.

His The Power Within book, recently published, was a plus to pick up following the show.

Many thanks Kreskin!

Jonathan
Jonathan
Max & Maxine Entertainment
Magicians with a touch of comedy!
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks for posting, Jonathan. Smile
And everyone else who has posted, as well. Smile
Logan Five
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1434 Posts

Profile of Logan Five
Yup Kreskin is a great showman and a class act.
Self concept is destiny..
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
Thanks, Janus109. Smile
Allan-F
View Profile
Regular user
Toronto, Ontario
131 Posts

Profile of Allan-F
Quote:
On 2006-03-25 18:56, magicalaurie wrote:
It was a 3 hour show and it just flew- AMAZING. Smile I wouldn't say it's necessarily you're last chance to see him "live", Eric. I think he plans on sticking around awhile- FOREVER, in fact- if I remember his words correctly. Smile

If this is the same as when I saw him, he states that he intends to live forever (in the process of toasting the audience). The self-help book he is selling after the show would seem to indicate that this was not merely an off-hand comment, but that Kreskin really is an avid immortalist. He enthusiastically supports medical life extension and biotechnology in the book, specifically citing Dr. Aubrey de Grey's SENS ('Strategies for Engineered Negligible Senescence') project.

And, yes, his show is terrific!

Cheers,

Allan
Allan-F

"What can be thought of or spoken of necessarily IS, since it is possible for it to be, while it is not possible for NOTHING to be." -- Parmenides
PaulPacific
View Profile
Special user
Yes, I used my toes to type all of my
907 Posts

Profile of PaulPacific
Hail Kreskin!!!

Paul Pacific
Blessings on thee, little man,
barefoot boy with cheeks of tan...
Outward sunshine; inward joy,
Blessings on thee, barefoot boy! :-D
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Had a brush with Kreskin in the City of Moose Jaw Saskatchewan. For anyone who has ever been over this way -- you know that it is a small city. Seeing Krekin in an intimate small town theater was nothing short of incredible. Every proffesional magician or mentalist must see this man, his shows are a masterclass in how to keep an audience ENGAGED. I had the fortunate opportunity to see him perform and assist in his card calling demonstartion, as well as his hypnosis segments.

This was an amazing experience that I forever treasure, and he was courteous enough to come out and spen a lot of time with us after the show -- just check out my avatar.
xxx
magicalaurie
View Profile
Inner circle
Ontario, Canada
2962 Posts

Profile of magicalaurie
On 2006-04-12 23:38, Allan-F wrote:
Quote:
If this is the same as when I saw him, he states that he intends to live forever (in the process of toasting the audience).
Allan

That's right Alan. He toasted us (with a glass of water he had produced magically) saying something like he hoped we all would live 5 years longer than he because he's planning to live forever. Smile Something like that. Smile

Nice avatar, icy_rabbit. I've noticed it previously. I've been to Moose Jaw as well.

Thankyou all for posting. Smile
cinemagician
View Profile
Inner circle
Phila Metro Area
1094 Posts

Profile of cinemagician
I'm envious of magicalaurie. Wish I could have been there. Kreskin RULES!
...The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity...

William Butler Yeats
stanalger
View Profile
Special user
St. Louis, MO
998 Posts

Profile of stanalger
Kreskin's name comes up in a short Penn Jillette
interview available here:

http://www.sho.com/site/ptbs/home.do?content=preview

Click on "Penn & Teller Shorts" (below "UPCOMING EPISODE: Death
Penalty.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Kreskin is Amazing (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL