The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Mysteries Guide Book Vol 2 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Phil C
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
903 Posts

Profile of Phil C
Hi,

I think this just came out.
What do you guys think?

Mind Mysteries Guide Book - Volume 2: The Osterlind BCS (e-book $25.00

Click to enlarge
“The Breakthrough Card System has built into it a number of absolutely wonderful features that allow you to concentrate on routining. The second volume of the Mind Mysteries videos explored some of those best routines. This guide book sharpens your performance skills and allows you to perform with the deck some of the most astounding mentalism your audiences will ever see. ”
– from the foreword by John LeBlanc

In an unprecedented event, Richard Osterlind has revisited his hugely successful Mind Mysteries video series and is writing definitive guide books that exponentially enrich the material presented in it.

In this second volume, Richard takes Mind Mysteries Volume 2, which features what he considers his most signifcant achievement - the Breakthrough Card System - and once again analyzes each effect and the even System itself, adding new and previously unexplored facets, subtleties and stratagems.

In this guide book, you’ll be privy to new perspectives on the Breakthrough Card System as well as significant new ideas such as:

• The real facts about using playing cards in mentalism

• Subliminal details concerning the Breakthrough Card System that puts your audience at ease

• An exciting new Poker demonstration that's built right into the system

• New presentation ideas, jokes and patter lines

Mind Mysteries Volume 2 introduced an entire new generation of magicians and mentalists to the power and possibilities of the Breakthrough Card System and now, for the first time, Richard Osterlind revisits this DVD and shows you how to make these routines play as strongly for you as they do for him.

If you own Mind Mysteries, this second volume of the Mind Mysteries Guide Book series will supply everything you need to know to not just do card tricks but to create miracles with nothing more than just a simple pack of playing cards
Bill Cushman
View Profile
Inner circle
Florida
2876 Posts

Profile of Bill Cushman
I think you shold do what I did and immediatiely order it.If you are reading
THIS sentence you are not taking me seriously enough.

It is printing as I type, so I can lay back and wrap my mind around whatever Richard has chosen to share this time. Richard wrote a guidebook for the first DVD in the Mind Mysteries Series(The Act: the effects that made up his act at the time or a bit prior to that time, I don't recall for sure). Not only did Richard put his effects out there for us to view them at a deeper level and add those thoughts that occur for many viewers and I expect most filmakers only afterwards, he presents enough practical information applicable to all mentalism (and magic)to constitute practially a second ebook in its own right.

The first ebook of the Mind Mysteries Guidebooks Series has all the touches of Richard's that apply to his work as a whole. While this is evidenct watching him perform, the Guidebook to his act helps to understand the depth of thought that underlies what appear to be simple decisions. Richard doesn't do anything without a reason.

Obviously I am a fan of Richards but I am not a fanatic. There are things of his I'd steer away from but far more that are brilliant and I'm glad I've purchased to use, read or view.

So I buy the Guidebook on the BCS not so much for the specific workings of the BCS but to learn more from Richard regarding his thoughts on stagecraft. This is where his first book really helped me the most.

To be perfectly frank, though I've learend the BCS, including the memorized version (though I used another memory system), I've never used it. I'm not the kind of person who says "if so and so wrote it then you should automatically buy it." In this case I looked at the quality of the first book in the series and how it led to brainstorming and inspirations, topped off by exploring these areas more deeply with the books author. Buying the second is a no brainer.

The first inspired me so much, I wrote a "response" titled "Cherrypicking Richard." In it, I separated those parts of the the book that apply to the effects that comprise the act and those parts of the book that apply to all presentation of the mystery arts. Richard was kind enough to give me feedback, so the document began to take on a life of its own, growing and mutating.

I suspect I'll be similarly inspired to study this guidebook as I was the first. And studying was the key. Studying is the key.

I had the guidebook open as the DVD ran, a pad and pen and a highlighter. I put the relevant aspects from both together and created a whole that was both illuminating and challenging.

I kept notes on the book and the video, I highlighted relevant parts of the book, crossreferencing with the DVD. I studied until I began to grasp more and more what it is that Richard does that makes it look so easy. He works very hard at every aspect of his art.

I saw how he uses his likability to put his audience at ease. How his warmth keeps the audience on his side. Though studied and applied, my sense is that much of this comes naturally to Richard.

So even if I never put together another BCS, I still buy the 2nd guidebook trusting that Richard will continue to divulge informationn borne of years of expreience and natural talent. And who knows, maybe it will even inspire me to seriously work with the BCS!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Mind Mysteries Guide Book Vol 2 (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL