The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Pro Suitcase/table (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
TheAmbitiousCard
View Profile
Eternal Order
Northern California
13411 Posts

Profile of TheAmbitiousCard
I don't carry them anymore and I recently sold my own lefler table.
It was rock solid for years. I just didn't need it, eventually.
www.theambitiouscard.com Hand Crafted Magic
Trophy Husband, Father of the Year Candidate,
Chippendale's Dancer applicant, Unofficial World Record Holder.
WayneCapps
View Profile
Special user
Charleston, SC
767 Posts

Profile of WayneCapps
I am looking around for different tables. I am thinking that a small Lefler table might do the trick but I have to be honest, I am cheap. $360 plus $50 shipping is a lot for a table and I know I will probably end up going with it. But are there any quality suitcase style tables out there worth looking at? Just shopping around so it makes the purchase easier to make.
Magic Patrick
View Profile
Inner circle
Minnesota
1586 Posts

Profile of Magic Patrick
Quote:
On 2013-05-21 11:01, WayneCapps wrote:
I am looking around for different tables. I am thinking that a small Lefler table might do the trick but I have to be honest, I am cheap. $360 plus $50 shipping is a lot for a table and I know I will probably end up going with it. But are there any quality suitcase style tables out there worth looking at? Just shopping around so it makes the purchase easier to make.

Why don't you just make one. Here is the one I made for less that $150.

http://s296.photobucket.com/user/BYUDAD/slideshow/

Patrick
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
Making a suitcase table is easy- and cheap.
All you need is to buy a suitcase and a drum stand from a nearby second-hand store and a plumbing flange with a piece of pipe that screws into the flange from a Home Depot- you can also put a piece of wood into the bottom of the case for support. Then you drill holes in the suitcase that line up with the screw holes on the flange and screw that together, attach the piping and the drum stand with hot glue or duct tape or sauder or what have you- et voila! You have a suitcase table at about a seventeenth of the price.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22825 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On 2013-11-18 09:23, VanishedAce wrote:
Making a suitcase table is easy- and cheap.
All you need is to buy a suitcase and a drum stand from a nearby second-hand store and a plumbing flange with a piece of pipe that screws into the flange from a Home Depot- you can also put a piece of wood into the bottom of the case for support. Then you drill holes in the suitcase that line up with the screw holes on the flange and screw that together, attach the piping and the drum stand with hot glue or duct tape or sauder or what have you- et voila! You have a suitcase table at about a seventeenth of the price.

Wrong kind of Suitcase Table that is being discussed here.

Your explanation is interesting, but being the table is to be used for show business, and most expect to receive cash for their shows, wouldn't it be better to look professional and look like you deserve the money asked for a show. All these pieces you mentioned, will look like those pieces, just garbage picked up off the trash pile, and assembled together.

It is also about having pride in your presentation at how you want your clients to look at you. You want to look like someone who does free shows or someone that will deserve payment.

Just some things to think about if you or anyone will expect payment for services. Appearance is 90% of who you are and if people want to even talk or listen to you.
Nate The Magician
View Profile
Regular user
159 Posts

Profile of Nate The Magician
"Wrong kind of Suitcase Table that is being discussed here.

Your explanation is interesting, but being the table is to be used for show business, and most expect to receive cash for their shows, wouldn't it be better to look professional and look like you deserve the money asked for a show. All these pieces you mentioned, will look like those pieces, just garbage picked up off the trash pile, and assembled together.

It is also about having pride in your presentation at how you want your clients to look at you. You want to look like someone who does free shows or someone that will deserve payment.

Just some things to think about if you or anyone will expect payment for services. Appearance is 90% of who you are and if people want to even talk or listen to you."

Sir, clearly you don't know good thrift stores. Personally, I followed these directions (given to me by a man named Mario The Magician in new York) and my suitcase nets me my gigs. IMHO, if you can find a well built leather suitcase/briefcase at a thrift store then it looks very nice. If a drum stand is shiny and clean, it looks fine. I personally can't imagine using one of those plastic dead things.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Where to put it all... » » Pro Suitcase/table (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL