The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » DC Vanishes due to Exhaustion (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

mitchmagi
View Profile
Regular user
108 Posts

Profile of mitchmagi
Magician David Copperfield carried on with his Grand Illusion tour after skipping two Thursday shows at the Star Plaza Theatre in Merrillville and materializing at a local hospital.

"David's fine," a Copperfield publicist said Friday afternoon. "He was suffering from dehydration and exhaustion after spending 30 straight days of touring on road. It was nothing that a good night's rest and a home-cooked meal couldn't cure."

The 49-year-old illusionist, who headlined two shows Wednesday at the Star Plaza, fell ill shortly before his 5:30 p.m. performance Thursday, theater officials said. An ambulance was called, and the show was canceled on doctor's orders. An 8:30 p.m. performance, the finale of his two-day engagement, also was canceled.

Copperfield reportedly was treated in the emergency room at Methodist Hospitals' Southlake Campus in Merrillville and released. Hospital officials declined to comment, citing privacy issues.

The magic man "checked himself in and checked himself out," a second Copperfield publicist said. "He did not stay the night."

The magician, known for stunts like making the Statute of Liberty disappear, maintains a grueling schedule, performing 58 shows a month. Representatives from Los Angeles-based Lobeline Communications said he was to appear as scheduled Friday at the Louisville Palace Theatre in Kentucky.

Several hundred fans were waiting in the Star Plaza when the first show was canceled. Theater officials suggest patrons keep their tickets for a possible rescheduled date or seek refunds at the point of purchase.
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
I was at the 5:30 show in Merrillville on Wednesday and he was not in a good mood, we also agreed that he had a head cold. It was my 3 time seeing this show featuring the portal illusion, and although he had endless technical problems. He kept his cool pretty well and handled it better than expected.

When I got to meet him after the show he was very short and went down the line of us just going "how ya doin, how ya doin, how ya doin, thanks for coming, how ya doin how ya doin" I am not sure how he normally is as it was my first time meeting him, but we gave him the benefit of the doubt that he was feeling pretty bad.

Never the less it was a great show, always a good time to see him and I hope his health is back to 100 percent.

Jared
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
That's too bad, I hope he doesent miss the Atlanta show later on this year...
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Micheal Leath
View Profile
Inner circle
1042 Posts

Profile of Micheal Leath
Quote:
On 2006-04-02 15:47, sunnydolan wrote:
That's too bad, I hope he doesent miss the Atlanta show later on this year...

He just came to Atlanta, GA back in January. I saw two of the shows. Is he coming back later this year?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » DC Vanishes due to Exhaustion (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL