The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Phoa Yan Tiong, 1926-2006. (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Kjellstrom
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden, Scandinavia, Europe
4864 Posts

Profile of Kjellstrom
Magician/Juggler/Master of Martial Arts:

Phoa Yan Tiong passed away on March 22, 2006: 79 years of age. He was born in Batavia, Indonesia and of Chinese origin.

In his prime days he travelled all around Europe with his magic and he lectured in the USA. He was a modest and likeable chap. The last ten years his life was a little misirable because he had difficulty walking and speaking and beleive it or in the end he hated magic., or should I say "did not care about it ".

Master Phoa Yan Tiong was born 1926, in former Nederlands-Batavia, Indonesia in the district the Weltevreden. On his sixth year he got his first lessons in the martial movement art, of Khe An. Then he got lesson on the school of master Wong Tsjoe Kiu van Ang Tek Hwat, the style which he learned was "OW HAUW CH'UAN" (BLACK TIGER), and in 1948, he could call himself master. He started its Tai Chi Chuan training under the guidance of John Yalenezian, a student of master Liang Tung Tsai (of the oldest students of professor Cheng man Chíng), still later he was formed master Lo, benjamin pang Jeng. Master Phoa Yan Tiong, called by its students ordinary Phoa, is respected as master of Chinese martial arts, and is considered as the GODFATHER of the Tai Chi Chuan in the Netherlands, many teachers have started directly or indirect under its control.

In 1948, Phoa came to the Netherlands where he has been a teacher for over twenty years at the theatre school in Amsterdam. Beside martial art has master Phoa been dedicated to the art of juggling.

Phoa Yan Tiong was Eddy Taytelbaum´s friend for over 54 years.
They meet for first time in 1952 and have been friends ever since that day.

My friend Eddy sent me this info about Phoa to my mail this day.

May he rest in peace !!

Mats G. Kjellstrom
Sweden
http://www.kjellstrom.info
ssucahyo
View Profile
Inner circle
indonesia
1940 Posts

Profile of ssucahyo
Thanks sof the info, I never know he was born in Indonesia, I though he was Singaporean.
CC
Creator of the "High Voltage Gimmick" and Shaman's spirit table
https://youtu.be/Rlgl4CzUa98

IG: @affordable_illusions_magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Did you hear the latest? » » Phoa Yan Tiong, 1926-2006. (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL