The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Change Bag (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magic4ewe
View Profile
Regular user
179 Posts

Profile of magic4ewe
I just wanted to say thanks for everyone's input. I did buy a repeat change bag with a zipper, although I haven't gotten it yet.

Towards the end of the year our S.A.M. meeting will be having an Amateur Stage contest. I hope to put together a very short routine. I'm always showing my daughter's friends different tricks, and the kids at the camp where she is a counselor, but this will be my first time on stage in front of adults....and yes, I must admit, the idea terrifies me!

Again, thanks for your help!
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
I'm looking for a flat style change bag (no handle), where for the finale, the bag is ripped open (velcro) causing the silk(s) to fly up into the air.

Anyone seen one recently?

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello Rick:

You can buy a tear apart change bag from Sandra Sisti at http://www.seamslikemagic.net - She does outstanding work - she's made a number of custom bags for me, and the quality is the best. Her website shows an example of a tear-apart change bag, but you can request just about any material you want.

Ron
RickVancouver
View Profile
Special user
Vancouver, BC
697 Posts

Profile of RickVancouver
Thanks Ron. I added her to my Favorites.

Rick
www.vancouvermagic.com
Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
Jeremy L.
View Profile
Special user
800 Posts

Profile of Jeremy L.
Where can I find a zippered change bag with three c---------ts? (like what First Class Magician mentioned)
What about four or more c---------ts...
Jeremy L.
Do you buy ethically?
Magic Fakes
Donald Dunphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Victoria, BC, Canada
7565 Posts

Profile of Donald Dunphy
If you manage your silks within the bag, you can do multiple changes with a standard bag. No need for multiple c---------ts. (Secret agent code speak Smile ).

I do a multi-change "Clarence the Caterpillar"-type routine, a multi-change "Mis-Made Santa", and a multi-change "Mis-Made Canadian Flag", all with a standard bag.

Also, just to note that I purchased a replacement bag this past December (replacing a very worn out different one I've had for years), from Duane Laflin, and am very, very happy with it. It is called a Deluxe "Handle" Style Change Bag.

- Here's a link to the Deluxe "Handle" ......website.

- Here's a link to all of the change ba......y Magic.

- Donald

P.S. Also, to RickVancouver, Lock Family Magic also sells Duane Laflin's Tear Apart Change Bag. I don't own one, just know they carry it. I made my own a few years ago.
Donald Dunphy is a Victoria Magician, British Columbia, Canada.
ades888
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of ades888
How do you guys introduce your change bag in your shows? I am looking at a funny way of bringing it out and introducing to the audience.

I had something along the lines of a charity bag and everyone has to donate to my "buy a new car/boat/house" fund but does anyone else have ideas or gags they use?
magic4jc
View Profile
Regular user
Texas, USA
148 Posts

Profile of magic4jc
Magic4ewe,

Where did you find the three compartment , ZIPPERED, change bag? The link above to a 3 compartment bag does not have the zipper.

I currently use a standard 2 compartment, zippered bag, but I am very interested in the three compartment style. But a ZIPPER is a must for my routine.

Could you please post a link for me?

Thank you,
Mike
mikecorry.com
Andy Wonder
View Profile
Special user
Auckland, New Zealand
747 Posts

Profile of Andy Wonder
I'd like echo what Phillip said. I think change bags are very weak magic, especially with the way most people use them. I do 2 different routines with change bags & magically they are the weakest routines I do.

The only change bags that I have caught my imagination that I like are the clear change bags used for forcing & the temporary type you can made by modifying a paper bag or envelope. I think these types are much more deceptive.

Just because you are doing a children's act is no reason to forget about fooling the adults that watch (and hire you). Even when I am presenting quite a wacky juvenile type routine (actually especially when I am presenting quite a wacky juvenile type routine) I want to fool the adults as well. I like to see change bags introduced in a subtle almost incidental type fashion. With all these mis-made type silk routines that everyone does the magic bag is always pretty central to the whole effect. I would encourage anyone to look into using dye-tubes or other props where possible.
Andy Wonder, Auckland, New Zealand
Ron Reid
View Profile
Inner circle
Phoenix, Arizona
2733 Posts

Profile of Ron Reid
Hello:

I agree that most change bag routines are weak, magically. That's one of the reasons why I went from a Mismade Flag Routine to Shadow Rabbit by Laflin Magic. I think adults still suspect there are secret compartments in the bag (or something like that) but are genuinely fooled by this routine.

I've had it in my show for about a year now, and I'm very pleased with the results. I do try to make every routine strong enough so that it is magical to the adults who may be watching.

Ron
GWSchott
View Profile
Veteran user
Southeastern Michigan
361 Posts

Profile of GWSchott
I've got a plain old Ickle Pickle change bag with no zipper and it works great. However, it's not exceptionally roomy and starts to look suspicious if you load it with too many things (like a Mis-Made Flag set). If I need the extra room I use my three compartment bag from Viking.
Yours In Magic,
Gordon
mysticalmike
View Profile
Special user
Saratoga Springs, NY
509 Posts

Profile of mysticalmike
I got ickle pickle change bag that I have had for about 15years and I use to use it a lot years ago still works and look just like I got it.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The little darlings » » Change Bag (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL