We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Template for a topit... (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
magictim
View Profile
Veteran user
Fayetteville, Arkansas
396 Posts

Profile of magictim
The topit pattern is in the new Topit Book 2.0. If you purchase the ebook, it is in there.
Valdocyk
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of Valdocyk
Thank you for the great tip Tim. Penguin sells only hardback for 50 $ and the pattern is not included (that would be another 18 $).

Can professional sewer easily make a mirror topit for the lefties.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
21864 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Feb 8, 2015, Valdocyk wrote:
Thank you for the great tip Tim. Penguin sells only hardback for 50 $ and the pattern is not included (that would be another 18 $).

Can professional sewer easily make a mirror topit for the lefties.

Neither the original topit, no pattern available, and the Ammar topit, use the same design so it can be installed on either side of the jacket. Ammar's is not a pocket until you install it, just a single piece of cloth.
Vietnam Veteran 1967, Sgt. E-5

Graduate of Chavez College of Prestidigitation and Showmanship

"Magic With A Twist Of Comedy"
Ado
View Profile
Special user
Pittsburgh, PA
999 Posts

Profile of Ado
Quote:
On Jan 26, 2015, DaleTrueman wrote:
I've wanted to look into Topits for a while

I've started with a pouch, a la Page, and then I've moved to sewing a topit that had the shape I wanted based on the jacket I wore and how I threw. I think that anything works to get you started. It should take you several months anyway to use it properly. By that time, you should know what you need.

For resources, I had Carl Cloutier Superstar (a French VCR) that gave me the basics along with sleeving (though it was actually the second half of a longer workshop and I thus missed the actually taught basics!). Then, I've crawled youtube to see how others were using the topit (form a spectator's point of view), and found that in most of the cases, it was very obvious... I especially abhor how Ammar vanishes full decks of cards...

Here's an old video of me practising http://youtu.be/xuYzaHImJ-M (It's raw. In a routine, there'd be more time misdirection, etc)

P!
markschou
View Profile
New user
Boston, MA
30 Posts

Profile of markschou
Ammar's book that you get on iTunes is awesome! I love the video in it. Its great to have on my iPad to read/watch whenever/wherever.
I highly recommend it. The only problem with the download is you don't get the actual template to make it. I had to draw it out using measurements. Mine came out fine and I love using it. Mostly it is for things the spectator doesn't know I am making disappear. An extra coin for "perrier with a twist" And even the final bottle vanish. It is AMAZING! The best utility device I have!
ThomPeterson
View Profile
New user
UK & L.A.
20 Posts

Profile of ThomPeterson
Topics are a subject near and dear to my heart. Personally, I have a stack of ones I made that come up to my waist. I've got one on the market that seems to fit most people's needs, but there's nothing like a custom made one for you. The thing is, you've got to be prepared to go through a LOT of prototypes before you find "the one." I like your idea of creating one from a paper template. Just remember that paper doesn't move and react like cloth does. Good luck, and let me know if I can be any help.
For Professional Real-World Routines, DVD's and Instant Downloads, Please Visit: www.AmazingGuyStore.com

New Items include: Topit-A-Go-Go, and Just Fate. Keep watching for more!
ThomPeterson
View Profile
New user
UK & L.A.
20 Posts

Profile of ThomPeterson
That was supposed to read "Topits are a subject....." *** auto-correct!
For Professional Real-World Routines, DVD's and Instant Downloads, Please Visit: www.AmazingGuyStore.com

New Items include: Topit-A-Go-Go, and Just Fate. Keep watching for more!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workshop » » Template for a topit... (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL