The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Multiplying billiard balls (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Hello,
I've never done these before.
would they be too 'angley' for a street show?
has anyone ever done these on the street?
thanks.
Michael Baker
View Profile
Eternal Order
Near a river in the Midwest
11172 Posts

Profile of Michael Baker
You have angle problems both for gimmicks and for certain sleights. Both can be worked around if you really study what you are putting together. There are methods to do this trick that reduce the bad angles a lot. I think one routine was in Al Leech's Legacy, but I cannot verify because I no longer have the book. Can someone check?

I have developed routines that use no gimmicks, in the sense usually thought about for multiplying billiard balls. Then it is basically clean steals and good misdirection.

I've never tried them on the street, but just think about what you will have in your hands at any given moment and imagine that someone could walk up from ANY direction, and you'll get a better understanding of what you have to work around.

~michael
~michael baker
The Magic Company
Danny Hustle
View Profile
Inner circle
Boston, MA USA
2393 Posts

Profile of Danny Hustle
Sunny Holiday did the balls on the street. I always liked watching him do it but you do need to be very careful of the angles.

Pat Page has a great routine that doesn't use a fake and the Frank Garcia book on the balls has a lot of non shell stuff as well.

Charlie Frye on his Eccentricks tape has a magnificent routine that is quick enough and uses the body well enough that I think you could almost do it surrounded.

Millions, and millions, of good ball routines out there. I think if you dig up enough of the old stuff it should be pretty simple to put something very clever together. Of course, simple is not the same thing as easy. Smile I think it will take a lot of work.

Best,

Dan-

"MT is one of the reasons we started this board! I’m so sick of posts being deleted without any reason given, and by unknown people at that." - Steve Brooks Sep 7, 2001 8:38pm
©1999-2014 Daniel Denney all rights reserved.
scaress
View Profile
Veteran user
salt lake city
337 Posts

Profile of scaress
Cool.
what I had in mind was the multiplying eggs from fakini to go along with my egg bag. the idea just struck my today, but I've never seen the gimmick up close and I wondered what someone with more experience than me thought.
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
I believe Whit Haydn did this on the street. Talk to him, he has some clever little tips for working the angles.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
Harry Murphy
View Profile
Inner circle
Maryland
5445 Posts

Profile of Harry Murphy
There are several gimmick-less routines that are fairly angle proof that will (and have) played on the streets.

Harry Riser developed a couple of close-up and surrounded versions (one using the shell!) that would be perfect for a street venue. His are published in his “The Feints and Temps of Harry Riser”. It's clearly worth a look at just to get you thinking. I've played with Harry's routine using the Fakini eggs.
The artist formally known as Mumblepeas!
davidmagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Lubbock, TX, USA
340 Posts

Profile of davidmagic
One thing to consider-if using the fakini eggs-they will "cling" to the egg bag-(and be too heavy) so you will need to switch from the fakini to the hollow or vice versa. Harry no-s^^^ routine has very few angle problems-his original is with golf balls,. but eggs would be great as well.
David
AntonDreaming
View Profile
Special user
Gloucester by the sea
622 Posts

Profile of AntonDreaming
Just a thought maybe a diffrent egg trick could be the egg and silk...that could play well...

Anton James
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The side walk shuffle » » Multiplying billiard balls (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL