The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Giant Double Sided Cards (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
Does anyone know where I can get double sided cards for a giant bike deck?? I'm trying to perform McDonalds Aces for a lot of people, and a regular poker size deck won't cut it.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
I use a glue stick and make my own. The double-sided jumbo cards work just fine!
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
I would, but I'm not that good at card splitting. It takes 4 or 5 tries untill I get it right for color fusion, and a jumbo card is mucho grander then poker size.
An amatuer practices untill he gets it right, a professinal practices untill he can't get it wrong.

Don't wait for oppurtunity to knock, throw open the door, grab it by the throat and drag it inside kicking and screaming.

Magically yours
Jonas
View Profile
Inner circle
Sweden
1065 Posts

Profile of Jonas
Well, the thickness doesn't matter a lot with jumbo cards, does it?

I figure you use jumbo cards since the audience is far away and they need to see them, so the thickness shouldn't make a big difference. How about just gluing them together without splitting?

There is not attention aimed towards the gaff cards in particular so it probably wont matter much.
http://www.youtube.com/jonashaglund < Card flourishes and some other stuff.
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Quote:
On 2006-04-01 12:57, sunnydolan wrote:
I would, but I'm not that good at card splitting. It takes 4 or 5 tries untill I get it right for color fusion, and a jumbo card is mucho grander then poker size.

Actually I didn't split the cards. I simply clued the two together with a glue stick that you can get at any office depot. The cards remain stiff and adhere well. I have never had anyone notice anything differently.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
sunnydolan
View Profile
Veteran user
Opelika, Alabama
342 Posts

Profile of sunnydolan
Alright, thanks, I'll try that.

Magically yours
Alan Munro
View Profile
Inner circle
Kentwood, Michigan, USA
5700 Posts

Profile of Alan Munro
I've tried glue stick - it can come apart at the wrong time. I'd recommend a spray adhesive. I use some made by Elmer's/Borden.
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18559 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Double side scotch tape is good too. However, if you really are worried about the thickness get a set from http://www.cardsbymartin.com
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
ursusminor
View Profile
Elite user
Norway
443 Posts

Profile of ursusminor
Piatnik of Austria make jumbo-decks, an also a set of gaffs to match.

Bjørn
"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them
pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing happened."
- Winston Churchill"
magicalsongwriter
View Profile
New user
91 Posts

Profile of magicalsongwriter
The best method is to split the cards and use rubber cement to join the 2 together. It does take some practice but is very doable. I have worked out a stage version of the anniversary waltz using jumbo cards that works great.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The Big and the Small » » Giant Double Sided Cards (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL