The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » What colours to wear (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

gordonmj
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of gordonmj
I was just wondering what colours you guys wear when performing street magic. I tend to wear black but I keep getting called a goth. Can anyone suggest any particular coluor to wear and still look smart.
booya!
Maro Anglero
View Profile
Loyal user
FLORIDA
248 Posts

Profile of Maro Anglero
Hi,

Back when I did street magic, I also wore a black with a light color vest.

Best,

Maro
For the Magician: The hard must become habit, The habit must become easy, The easy must become Beautiful

Doug Henning
dpe666
View Profile
Inner circle
2895 Posts

Profile of dpe666
Quote:
On 2006-04-01 17:41, gordonmj wrote:
I tend to wear black but I keep getting called a goth.

Why is that a problem? Smile
gordonmj
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of gordonmj
No of course not I just want to stand out a bit.
booya!
gordonmj
View Profile
Regular user
141 Posts

Profile of gordonmj
Sorry I worded that wrong. I misread your post dpe666 sorry
booya!
ChristianR
View Profile
Veteran user
356 Posts

Profile of ChristianR
Wear something that blends but contrasts. Wear clothes that make you stand out but are still clothes you would see someone wearing today. (a tuxedo probably isn't the best idea for street magic) Also wear what reflects your character, are you happy, scared, excited, etc. So if you were in a kids show with a vertical pink a white back drop and you wore horizontal blue and red stripes with polka dots the kids would see you as a performer on the stage but if you used the pink and white backdrop with a tux then you are a performer with some random stage. I don't know really how to put it in english words.
Tarbell!
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
My car, my sun glasses, my juggling balls, my juggling clubs, my rope tricks, half of my wardrobe, and my shoes are all purple, because it drives women crazy. I can't tell you how many women of all ages that tell me I'm wearing their favorite color, but then again I'm only in it to impress the chicks.
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Marco S.
View Profile
Inner circle
1017 Posts

Profile of Marco S.
Wear what you normally wear if you don`t do street magic.
Vater Araignee
View Profile
Regular user
MI
172 Posts

Profile of Vater Araignee
Quote:
On 2006-04-01 17:41, gordonmj wrote:
I was just wondering what colours you guys wear when performing street magic. I tend to wear black but I keep getting called a goth. Can anyone suggest any particular coluor to wear and still look smart.

[mild gother rant]
"I don't understand what's wrong with being called goth." said the guy wearing a vinyl formfitting black ankle length jacket and black lipstick.
I find that when I goth out I don't have a tendency to hear "He did it like ya da da" as an added plus when I'm performing people gather around me faster than when I'm just a norm.
Just name another subculture that has an air mystique automatically attached to it.
[/mild gother rant]
"Good enough never is." - Vater Araignee
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Vater
Welcome to the magic Café where all opinions are welcome. If you have found success from being scary by all means go for it, but before I go completely Star Wars what kind of tips do spooky magicians get?
HAVE FUN
Al Angello
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Vater Araignee
View Profile
Regular user
MI
172 Posts

Profile of Vater Araignee
Honestly in the streets I find its your look that helps attract spectators and your presentations (or as I prefer to call them lessons) that attract the tips.
That doesn't mean every routine I do has a lesson in it (i love being near a patch of violets doing a magical snip and levitating one to a little girl), but as long as the over all presentation touches them then the tips come.
"Good enough never is." - Vater Araignee
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The clothes we wear » » What colours to wear (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL