The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Red Or Blue Backed Cards? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
Wolfgang
View Profile
Loyal user
TEXAS
223 Posts

Profile of Wolfgang
I swing both ways.
"Sure, I do Scotch and Soda in every show. What? You mean there's a trick by that name?"
Reis O'Brien
View Profile
Inner circle
Seattle, WA
2467 Posts

Profile of Reis O'Brien
I've got to go with Smile

I've heard that they make green back bikes around Christmas and black backs around halloween. Is this true? I could do some cool effects with blacks!
Homo vult decipi; decipiatur

http://www.myspace.com/liar_4_hire
Magicray69
View Profile
Veteran user
Tampa Bay
369 Posts

Profile of Magicray69
It depends on the color of my close-up pad. Blue cards on red pad, of course. Red on black pad, etc. Usually use blue, as I feel they are warmer and more inviting. Blue is a tranquil color whereas red is more alarming.
There was a time I had the blues,

the reason was I had no shoes.

Until I met upon the street

a man who had no feet.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14077 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I'm always doing something with a sharpie marker on cards..so red has the predominance in my hands. (simply because black marker shows up better against red)
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
tom_stamm
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
248 Posts

Profile of tom_stamm
I've always preferred red back Hoyles, but thay are impossible to find now.

Bicycles are fine, they don't feel the same. I guess I perfer "Neptune on a half shell" over "Angels on Bicycles"
Just Some Guy.

"For Seven Tons of the King's Tea,
Six Fine Ladies to Fight a Great Jackass -- me."
evolve629
View Profile
Inner circle
A stack of
3838 Posts

Profile of evolve629
Red capture spec attention a little better IMHO.
One hundred percent of the shots you don't take don't go in - Wayne Gretzky
My favorite part is putting the gaffs in the spectators hands...it gives you that warm fuzzy feeling inside! - Bob Kohler
Decomposed
View Profile
Eternal Order
High Desert
12059 Posts

Profile of Decomposed
PM-ed you Evolve.

RED all the way.
TomKMagic
View Profile
Special user
I tripped over
620 Posts

Profile of TomKMagic
I can do magic with any of the listed decks, so not as much preference. I used to use red extensively, but more recently, I have preferred blue. Sometimes, I even use clear Bicycle. I think it depends on the type of effects I want to perform.

Strange enough, whenever I go to anyone's house and if they are either playing cards or I just happen to see cards in a drawer, they are almost always Hoyle. Sticky, dirty Hoyle cards. If you truly want to use cards that teh spectators are familiar with, then this is the type of decks we should use, not crisp, clean Bikes or Bees or Tallys. Well, just a thought anyways...
You must be smarter than the tools you are using...

Tom Kracker
My website
kcg5
View Profile
Inner circle
who wants four fried chickens and a coke
1868 Posts

Profile of kcg5
Quote:
On 2003-08-18 11:12, Reis O'Brien wrote:
I've got to go with Smile

I've heard that they make green back bikes around Christmas and black backs around halloween. Is this true? I could do some cool effects with blacks!

USPCC makes a great many different colors. green, pink, purple, black, ect. this year they have made rep. and dem. decks for the election year. keep your eyes open. green is great for st. pattys day...
Nobody expects the spanish inquisition!!!!!

"History will be kind to me, as I intend to write it"- Sir Winston Churchill
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Red Or Blue Backed Cards? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL