The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Whats happening to the forum? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
closeupmagician
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of closeupmagician
That is a hilarious story. Great stuff.
George Ledo
View Profile
Magic Café Columnist
SF Bay Area
3042 Posts

Profile of George Ledo
I don't know that anything "has happened to" The Café: I think it's just become what we've made of it.

I remember it too, when it was a great place to discuss ideas. But then the ethics discussions took off, and the exposure stuff, and the whole business of crediting the original inventor, and how far you have to go to not rip off someone else, and "what's a magician," and similar topics, and I think a lot of people were turned off by it all. It became very repetitive.

There's still a lot of good content here, but I think we need to re-focus and get back to discussing magic instead of beating the same dead horses over and over.
That's our departed buddy Burt, aka The Great Burtini, doing his famous Cups and Mice routine
www.georgefledo.net

Latest column: "Sorry about the photos in my posts here"
Kevin Ridgeway
View Profile
V.I.P.
Indianapolis, IN & Phoenix, AZ
1832 Posts

Profile of Kevin Ridgeway
In my opnion, if a new member only does a search to find the answers he needs, then that is what drives down posts. It also squelches new ideas, from people that maybe did not see the original thread or that now have something positive to contribute.

I think new ideas can pop up if old topics are discussed, instead of only searched for and archived on page 18 for example.

Kevin
Living Illusions
Ridgeway & Johnson Entertainment Inc

Kevin Ridgeway &
Kristen Johnson aka Lady Houdini
The World's Premier Female Escape Artist

www.LadyHoudini.com

www.livingillusions.com
Jared Sherlock
View Profile
Loyal user
Indiana
245 Posts

Profile of Jared Sherlock
Dan that was a really funny story, there were a lot of options for that bannana to get the kid quiet Smile hehe.

As for all the Richard Hughes stuff, I know this will most likely get deleted. But I can't say enough good things about him. I just completed my first 2 hours Illusion show back in Feb and he helped me with open arms 100% of the time. Even after post production of the video he helped with constructive criticism and I really don't know what I would have done without him. His endless bag of knowledge about our arts history and performance is really an invaluable tool here on the Café.

But as everyone has said, we just have to carry on until matters get worked out.

Thanks to Everyone for Everything!!

Jared
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Grand illusion » » Whats happening to the forum? » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL