The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Fountain Load Note (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

James Adamson
View Profile
Special user
Deatsville - Holtville - Slapout, AL
949 Posts

Profile of James Adamson
I have made my own silk fountain with a load pocket. The load pocket is just a 9" silk sewn to the top silk.

As I looked thru varies silk books and notes I never found a way to have the 36" or 6 foot silk finale with a way to have the silk stay attached temporary to the fountain so that you could display it as you pull it out. Right side in one hand, left side attached to fountain with fountain in hand.

Since I used my 9" silk as the load compartment it hit me, why not use a Slydini knot on the large silk where it can be tied to the small silk as I had left the small silks ends in place.

It works like a champ. Display and the Slydini knot has enough pressure for the display and with a small put it comes undone with one hand.

I bet someone else has come up with that idea, just thought I would pass it on.

James Adamson
http://www.seam2006.com
Be remembered for performing what looks like MAGIC, not skill.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22407 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Duane Laflin has sells a model that the finale large silk is only attached by one corner. Then the larger last silk can be displayed between the hands. Duane has turned over the business to his kids. So check out their web site.
Michael J. Douglas
View Profile
Inner circle
WV, USA
1649 Posts

Profile of Michael J. Douglas
The fountain I bought from Laflin came with a little "sock" thing-a-ma-jig that velcroed to the center of the final silk. It held the knotted tips of the final load silk up for your to easily grab a pull.
Michael J.
�Believe then, if you please, that I can do strange things.� --from Shakespeare�s �As You Like It�
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Smooth as silk » » Silk Fountain Load Note (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.19 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL